Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rear drum only?

You have so much more control with a clutch.
One issue I have with the bucket is I am not a particularly small person (not fat but not a rail either) and there is not much room in the bucket for all of the controls and me. I will need to look at some other setups and put my engineering hat on to make it functional and tolerable from a comfort perspective. Fortunately my wife is petite and not real interested in riding in my toys anyway! Lol...I like the short small minimal bucket, but a little wiggle room might not be a bad thing. I plan on adding at least one door kit to it. I may just order a new body kit with functioning doors, maybe a stretch? The thing is: I hate to reinvent the whole car, it wastes a lot of good parts (and money). I need to evaluate my options before I start ordering stuff. I really like the 60's era parts combo because it reminds me of better days (for me) and I know and understand them. I like the newer technologically advanced stuff as well and can work on it, but I miss and long for the days of being able to symptomatically tune and troubleshoot as opposed to getting the meter and scanners out! I seem to have enough room as far as firewall to seat, but there is a real squeeze between the shifter and the door panel. I can sort of remedy it by changing or modifying the shifter, but if I go with the t56 top loader, I am not sure how that will work out. I guess I will just have to mock it up and see what works.

One thing for certain, this will be one cool T Bucket when you are done! Can't wait to see pics of your build!!!!

Well...my first bucket had Hallcraft wire wheels on front with no brakes. Rears were drums. Two points: 1) with motorcycle tires on front the extra braking would have been dinky, and 2) I learned quickly to plan ahead for stopping. No zooming up to a corner and slamming on the brakes. Like the others said, it's not the safe way to go.

Well...my first bucket had Hallcraft wire wheels on front with no brakes. Rears were drums. Two points: 1) with motorcycle tires on front the extra braking would have been dinky, and 2) I learned quickly to plan ahead for stopping. No zooming up to a corner and slamming on the brakes. Like the others said, it's not the safe way to go.
Thanks, I already decided to add front disc among numerous other upgrades. Just time and money!...And making up my mind.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back