Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rear radius rod clearance

Scooby

How much clearance is needed between top of rear radius rod and body on a 23 t bucket. I can only get 1 inch of clearance. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hi, can you provide more details on your build? I don't know that any specific amount is required, as long as you have clearance at full travel, and no binding or interference. How are your bars mounted? That inch, is that throughout the travel when you cycle the suspension? I'm not trying to complicate your question, just get a better idea what you have.

Hey, Scooby . . . I don't know the particulars of your setup, but - the way my body is channeled over the frame, I worried about my rear radius rod clearance also. I have about 1.5 inches of clearance where the radius rod passes under the rear of the body to the axle mounting point, and after about 6 months on the road, no issues. With the channel job, the rears are kind of tucked up under the lower edge of the body, and the only potential contact point would be at the rear. Kinda hard to see in the attached pic, but you should be able to cut a little relief area at the rear of the body. I'm just sayin . . .
T-bucketB1.jpg

My body is a extended 23 t with channeled floor from spirit industries. The issue I'm worried about is I have the car sitting at ride hieght and my radius only have a inch of clearance with the bottom of the body. I have qa1 alumamatic coil overs that require 13 1/2 to 14 inches ride hieght, my rods are actually built like hair pins and I'm thinking I might have to get different rods and maybe a drop radius rod bracket I saw it looked like rpm offered one. If I can figure out how to post pics I will get them on here. Thanks

With no springs on it raise the rear end with a jack and see how much movement you get before you bottom out. Remember the rods swing an arch.

Ok I removed the springs and put a jack under the rear end and I have 1 &1/4 inch movement before the rods hit the body.

My body is a extended 23 t with channeled floor from spirit industries. The issue I'm worried about is I have the car sitting at ride hieght and my radius only have a inch of clearance with the bottom of the body. I have qa1 alumamatic coil overs that require 13 1/2 to 14 inches ride hieght, my rods are actually built like hair pins and I'm thinking I might have to get different rods and maybe a drop radius rod bracket I saw it looked like rpm offered one. If I can figure out how to post pics I will get them on here. Thanks
Scooby, you'll need ten posts before you'll be able to post any pictures.

Reactions: RPM
I am going to need different rods and axle brackets to achieve 3 to 4 inches. I will call ron at rpm tomorrow and order what in need. Thank you all for the help I appreciate it

yes i have a spirit frame. i called ron at rpm this morning and he is sending me a set of his radius rods & drop axle brackets, which should solve my issue.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back