Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rick's T-bucket Adventures 2007

we're getting a little sidetracked here but oh well...

I Love the 59, my father built it for me when i was born. Its a absoloutly beautiful bike, but due to the nature of the bike being a colector item, a beautiful custom, and most importantly the deep sentimental value it holds in my heart, i'm absoloutly paranoid when i go anywhere with it.

Don't get near it, don't touch it, don't ask for a ride. I don't ever let it out of sight due to fear that in less than 5 minutes 2 men could pick it up and throw it in a truck. It gets ridden, by all means, but this is why i got the 75 yamaha bobber now. No worries when its left out. Losing the 59 would be a stab in my heart, losing the 75 yamaha would make me wonder why they didn't grab something better.

:lol: Yea, this was rude to hijack Ricks thread. I hope he won't mind.

Rick, did you pay $1,500.00 to get your title or taxes on $1,500.00?

thomas:)

Really $90 for a clean title is great. but still $1500 is less than the price of a kit alone. So how exacly did you go about making you T worth $1500?

I showed her the receits for the body and frame and told her i had the rest from other builds.Since i'm a nice honest citizen and i wanted to pay the taxes on the parts i bought out of state.she then asked me how much the car was worth i told her the other stuff had no monetary value since i had the stuff just sitting around getting rusty and since i just paid the tax on the frame and boby i didn't owe anymore in taxes.Just the usual fee's.

Damn i love these cruises the 50/50 drawings are pretty profitable so far the first one i bought $5.00 in tickets and got $72.00 The second one i got a $25.00 oil change,same at the third the Telegraph cruise i got another oil change.Tonight i got a laser level with a mag base on the one drawing the second one i got a Summit Racing hat oh what the heck it's all about the fun and such.Been out teaching the wife to drive the car she's not no sure about the no power brake deal but tomorrow we do it again.

My reciept for my bare frame says "chassis" and has Totals frame numbers. Those numbers may end up being my VIN, I don't know yet. To a person at the DMV, "chassis" would/could mean full suspension, rear, etc. Unless you say different or that person is aware that it could mean otherwise, they would accept it. Or you say you bought the bare frame and made everything else or had it laying around in your garage. I'm not going to go as low as $1,500:eek:, but I'll be fair considering my financial situation.

:lol:pick the line with the girl that looks fresh out of DMV school and SMILE!

I know this is off of the subject, but who do you guys get your insurance through? My insurance company would not insure my t bucket because the underwriter said people were street racing these. That sucked!!!! Anyone use JC Taylor???

Cj, I never heard of them, but I checked Hagerty and was given a quote online of $205 a year. I used a value of $10,000 with a $750 deductible. I have also read that Sneed is a good company too. These are companies that know that these are limited use vehicles, so that explains why their rates will be cheaper and why a regular company like State Farm might not want to deal with it. I'm sure there are others, but this is what I found with limited searching. I have to admit, $205 a year kinda made me smile, so I stopped looking! :lol: Also, I live in Texas. This may have helped too, but not much.

I do know that some have a limit as to how many miles a year you can use the car, so you should check that out too. Also try the NTBA site because there a a lot of guys there that have experience with insurance companies.

I hope this helps.:rolleyes:

tfeverfred said:
Cj, I never heard of them, but I checked Hagerty and was given a quote online of $205 a year. I used a value of $10,000 with a $750 deductible. I have also read that Sneed is a good company too. These are companies that know that these are limited use vehicles, so that explains why their rates will be cheaper and why a regular company like State Farm might not want to deal with it. I'm sure there are others, but this is what I found with limited searching. I have to admit, $205 a year kinda made me smile, so I stopped looking! :lol: Also, I live in Texas. This may have helped too, but not much.

I do know that some have a limit as to how many miles a year you can use the car, so you should check that out too. Also try the NTBA site because there a a lot of guys there that have experience with insurance companies.

I hope this helps.:lol:

Fred, you can drive pretty much year around can't you? I'll have to check with Rick being we can only drive parts of the year here in Michigan.

thomas said:
Fred, you can drive pretty much year around can't you? I'll have to check with Rick being we can only drive parts of the year here in Michigan.

Can't go out again tonight GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.We need to send this crap to someone who wants it.

Heck, around this time of the year in Houston, you have to wait till night to go out! The low yesurday was 78! AT 2:30 AM!!:eek:

tfeverfred said:
Heck, around this time of the year in Houston, you have to wait till night to go out! The low yesurday was 78! AT 2:30 AM!!:eek:

Heat i can take Ya know just go faster?But the dog gone rain blows.If you have a open car rain is not good.Think about water logged seats,carpet.When the foam dries does it BOUNCE RIGHT BACK?NOT.The carpet starts to shrink just a tad.Just a mess

Hey Thomas check this one out.The club i belong to Roami'n Chariots is having a huge car show Sat.I have to work it for awhile but stop on by.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 - Roam'n Chariots Hospice Benefit Cruise & Show at the Brownstown Civic Center Thorn Park 21313 Telegraph Road (southeast corner of King) 10 am to 3 pm. Registration 10 am to noon.
Pre-registration fee by August 4, 2007 - $8, At the gate - $10. Can pre-register at our Friday night cruise at Sears - Dix & Southfield in Lincoln Park. Or at Kroger Wednesday night cruise on Ecorse & Monroe Streets in Taylor.
Dash plaques to the first 150 participates. Trophies, door prizes, raffle, auction and 50/50's. Music and car trivias.
This show / picnic provides a full family fun day.

Hey Thomas these were at the cruise tonight.I kinda like the yellow one LOL

Man, that yellow one is popular! It's everywhere!:lol:

Hey Rick, when you going to finish that interior of yours? You waiting for winter.;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back