Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Road test

just for fun

Strange how time changes things! In my 20's when thing weren't going to plans, I would take my anger out on the car with a hammer. (Hobby Stock) By my mid 30's the cars cost too much to hit so I'd Rant and Rave like a crazyman. By my eary 50's I had a heart attack and racing was behind me. Became a lot more involved with a T Bucket I built in the mid 80's. now in my mid 60's when things aren't lining up I go inside watch a little TV and give the car a chance to decide to work with me. Sometimes this might take a day or two to get back to it. It's supposed to be fun! Rained here all weekend so I took my time reinstalling the steering box, recentering the pitman arm resetting everything except camber! Monday, just another perfect day in south Georgia for a test drive. Just like I was driving somebody's else's car! went down roads that I know would induce wobble. NOTHING. Straight and STEADY. Felt like a kid with a new toy. Did a quick wind sprint just past a ton, but that was for ME not the car! All is very well. Set it up with a 1/4 inch toe out. It's worked for so long, no reason to change.

Congrats on your cruise.I like nothing better than when a plan comes together.Now a question.1/4" toe out and no wobble?What kind of tires do you have?

I've had Mickey Thompson Sportman's on the front and back for years. I run the tires hard with 34 pounds of air pressure in front. Hours later I'm still jabbering to the wife!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back