Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rod Ends

Gary49

I'm fabricating my radius rods per the CCR plans. I was wondering if it would be feasible to use heim joints on the rearend brackets instead of clevises. The frame bracket uses a heim joint.
Thanks,
Gary

Yes. I changed mine on front because the slight twist of the front suspension I felt caused a slight bind. Feels better.

Yes. I changed mine on front because the slight twist of the front suspension I felt caused a slight bind. Feels better.

Thanks Butch27, That's kind of what I was thinking. I thought it would allow the rear end to move through it's travel without any binding.

The 3 point radius only needs the front point to articulate. The rears could be welded except for pinion angle adjustment.

ORF is correct , there isn't any movement or articulation [ whatever term you like] where the RR connects to the axle...

Thanks everyone. I'm new at this suspension stuff. I understand what you are saying now. The differential swings like a pendulum on the radius rods front heim joint. I see the light!

I think you would need a double shear mount to impart a safe pull on the axle, if you use heim joints on the axle. The clevis joint pulls straight on the weld and does not try to pull off angle. IMO, not needed and less safe.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back