Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

roller value

fordsbyjay

I had a fellow ask me if I would sell my car as a roller. I never really thought about it but what would a roller be worth. Everything except the engine. I want the engine for another project and he is a chevy guy so it would be a good fit.. The interior has a couple flaws but the rest is quite nice.

What its worth and what you can get for it is more often than not two different things.
I have found that the resale value on a t-bucket is crap.
Good luck
Oh by the way nice ride ,clean and simple. looks great!

Tuff one. Basically, not to be a smart Alec, they are worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Personally, I would determine what you have invested, then decide if it would be better to sell it as a roller or just swap in a different motor and sell as a complete ride. I'm sure from the buyers perspective, he's thinking of saving some cash and work by buying a roller, but the drive train is the easy part, imho. You may be better off with the latter, but it depends on your interest, etc. A decent used engine and trans isn't that much of an investment, but your time and work also figure in as well as the time it takes to sell it. I've sold several cars and antique boats that I built over the years, and I miss something about every one. It seems like money never replaces the investment of blood, sweat, and tears, lol... Perhaps make a list of the value of the components and time to educate the buyer and allow him to make an offer. They say the first one to name a price is the the loser in a negotiation... I'm not sure how true that is, but it would at least give you an idea of his position and perceived value of your car. Craig's list has several listed from time to time, not that I have a lot of faith in them, but it does give a feel for for things. Good luck!

Tuff one. Basically, not to be a smart Alec, they are worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Personally, I would determine what you have invested, then decide if it would be better to sell it as a roller or just swap in a different motor and sell as a complete ride. I'm sure from the buyers perspective, he's thinking of saving some cash and work by buying a roller, but the drive train is the easy part, imho. You may be better off with the latter, but it depends on your interest, etc. A decent used engine and trans isn't that much of an investment, but your time and work also figure in as well as the time it takes to sell it. I've sold several cars and antique boats that I built over the years, and I miss something about every one. It seems like money never replaces the investment of blood, sweat, and tears, lol... Perhaps make a list of the value of the components and time to educate the buyer and allow him to make an offer. They say the first one to name a price is the the loser in a negotiation... I'm not sure how true that is, but it would at least give you an idea of his position and perceived value of your car. Craig's list has several listed from time to time, not that I have a lot of faith in them, but it does give a feel for for things. Good luck!

Well that was my original plan. I have a 302 that I could swap in to maintain the cars value. Tbuckets are only worth so much as mentioned so a $4k engine vs a $9k engine doesn't make alot of difference IMO. A roller just saves me all the work. lol

Take it one more step. Engine or no engine doesn't make that much difference.
If you are hell bent on selling it, yoke the engine and sell the bucket as is and save your self a lot of work. imho

$7,000

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back