Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Rpm headlight stands

anyone have a pic of their car with rpm headlight stands on it? The simple ones with the round holes in them. Or maybe some other ones he built? Im just not happy with the aluminium ones i got from speedway. But i like the ones Ron makes.

No but have you ever tried to run wires down through those stands? Maybe one wire but no way anymore.

The problem with the speedway ones is althought the three wires all fit, the hole was drilled on a different spot on the left and the right one so i could only pass wires through the one side. And i ordered them unpolished $50 but come one these things arent even ready for paint, it looks like they were sanded with a chainsaw.

I made my own and there is plenty of room to run the wires through them. As a matter of fact, there are five wires in each side. They are high and low beam, turn signal, parking light and ground.

What I used were 90 degree thin wall conduit sweeps, some 2" exhaust tubing, a piece of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" angle and the cut out from using a 2" hole saw.

Here is a shot taken during construction.

IMG_0671_2.jpg

I like that idea but my headlight wires run right down through a hollow bolt and would not be able to run at the angle you did. Where do the wires come out of your headlights? Picture?

My wires come out the bottom of the hallow mounting bolt the same as yours. I did make some modification to allow the wires to exit above the mounting nut. I have since modified them again so that the wires exit below the nut and the nut is mounted up higher in the piece of exhaust tubing for an even cleaner appearance because the nut can not be seen.

One other thing that I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that there are a total of four mounting bolts in each piece of angle. Two go into the top of the frame and two go into the side of the frame rail. This makes for a very firm and secure mount.

My reasoning for making these mounts was for a clean set up but also for a low mounting point. It seems that all the mount that are available mount the lights high and I did not want that bug eyed look. As they say "necessity is the mother of invention.

I hope that I have explained myself well enough for you.

Jim

Very nice work there. Thanks for giving me ideas for my build.

Hellraiser79, I hope that these pictures are what you are after. The lights that I used are from Speedway and the wires do indeed run down through the hollow mounting bolt. As you can see, the mounting bolt is hidden up inside the piece of 2" exhaust tubing.

Jim

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but it is a way to hide wiring for headlights.

HeadlightStand.jpg

You have to drill a hole in the side of the retainer bolt that is supplied with the headlight and thread the wires down through it. There is a matching hole in the receptacle. An acorn nut finishes up the hidden wire trick. :D

That is the way I first did mine. I have since altered that method of mounting so as to completely conceal the nut and the wires. Check the pictures in my last post.

Jim

Ron, they are the ones i was talking about. I was thinking if you havent shipped my tank yet, i might hit you up for a set of those headlight brackets. How much would they be? thanks also thanks everyone for the pics but i was looking for pics of the RPM ones.
Ken

Butch27, PLEASE look at the picture in my above post. That IS the back of my head light. There are NO wires coming out the back of my head light. They come out the hollow mounting bolt and go into the 1/2" thin wall 90 degree conduit sweep. From there, the wires go into the frame.I don't think that I can make it any clearer than that. If there is something missing that you want to see, please explain just what angle of the rear of my head light that you would like to see. I'll do my very best to oblige.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back