Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Sealing beltlines on 24 cpe

Fourdy

I have the 24 T cpe sandblasted, metal prepped and DP'd. I am now concerned about how to seal the beltline and body trim to avoid moisture getting back in under them after painting. I saw a T that the fella had used Duraglass, I believe, to seal and mold the trim to the body. I just wonder if the molding would work and break the seal.

Would a seam sealer (pliable & paintable) work better? Thinking I could press it into the crack with the end of a putty knife and then clean the excess for a smooth joint.

Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

Fourdy

3M makes a product in a tube that is just for that it is called Seam Sealer and should be available from any reputable auto body supply place.

Jim

Beat me to it Jim. For those working with metal bodies for sealing up your metal floors, you can stich weld them in place to keep the warpage at a minumum. In glass bodies for sealing up a trans hump. If you have a tube on hand you will find lots of uses for it.

Ron

Seal everywhere you can. , I remember painting my bucket and having sand come out when primering it , Even after I had blown and vacumed it several times.

At my job we use lots of that 3M seam sealer. It works great! Cleans up easy with Xylene.

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back