Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Sharp21's Alberta Bucket Build

sharp21

Everything just started coming together all of a sudden!
  1. I finished a year long basement Reno
  2. My buddy has donated a nice drive train
  3. I got a killer deal on some vintage steel
I just picked up a frame and steel body for $300. The frame looks to be CCR inspired at 103" long, 26.5" wide and with a 9.5" kick. The body was narrowed to make a single seat drag car but I got an original cowl with it to push it back out to original size. Best part is that both doors work flawless!

The drive train is a sbc with some goodies, 700r4 with shift kit, and 9" rear with locker.

No front setup yet. Thinking an old van or truck axle.

The steering wheel was the first part of the rod, built by Thai welders onboard my ship years ago out of stainless. It's been waiting on my garage wall for 7 years...

Anyway, here are the pics!

S.

Definately some good core parts for a build. The SBC with the OD will make for a nice cruiser. What are you planning on for the body? Lakes style? You may find that building a new frame may fit that body better
. Just a thought. Keep posting pics and,

Welcome to the forum from Indy!

I've got the extra cowl so am going to widen the body to fit the frame, with 3" channel. Spun aluminum tank out back and that's it.

No bones about it, she is going to be raw. I want to be running it by summer.

Here is the full size cowl. Fits the rails almost perfect.

S.

Anybody know of suspension component suppliers in Canada? I love the stuff made by the site sponsors but want to avoid the customs / shipping hit on such heavy items...
S.

You can check out Hitman Hotrods and Horton's they are in Ontario and I am not sure shipping will be any cheaper. Pretty sure there are a few shops out your way as well.

What sort of stuff you considering for your build? You looking for stock Model A stuff or aftermarket tube axles?

Either or. Whatever I can find a good deal on. I've been watching kijiji pretty steady and there is some good stuff coming up.

I've got a budget of $1k for the front end so trying to find parts that work within that.

That was my next suggestion, but with gas prices up here, it might not be worth it!

I will have to look up and see what I got dinged when you shipped me, my front end kit. Since they were parts for a "Antique" auto we do not get hit with duty, its just shipping and the ungodly UPS "brokerage" fees. If its shipped USPS, its a $5 charge for customs.

We'll see how it goes. There are some Canadian companies making the stuff too. Costs more but less hassle I suppose...

I'd like to have at least two wheels on this thing by Christmas!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back