Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Small Town Weekend 2015 in El Reno Oklahoma

Indycars

Well the weekend went off without a hitch, car performed as expected. I took a few tools with me just in case but never even touched them, except to unload them after getting home.

Got a chance to really gets some experience with my GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition. Did a time lapse segment for the trip from Yukon to El Reno Oklahoma and finding a parking spot, at 1 frame every 60 seconds. The other 3 segments are at normal speed or real time.

Things to watch for of interest or notable. The El Dorado Cadillac, what a beautiful car. Everyone is trying to be different so a pickup truck flash his headlights for turn signals.

Sorry I didn't get myself being pulled over by the police for spinning the tires, just being a kid and showing off for the crowd of hell raises. Hard not to take advantage of some water on the pavement being provided free of charge. heheheh !!!!!!

Good racing video, watch and listen to the two cars at 0:45 and 1:30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=18&v=05jH2HJlA-E

Looks like a good time. Glad all went great for you with no problems. I went to the Route 66 Blowout at Sapulpa, OK. They ended up with 304 cars of all shapes and sizes. Next weekend the the Hogs and Hot Rods Show at Collinsville, OK. It is usually a large turnout event. Make it if you can, but be there early if you want a main street parking spot.
Lee

Looked like fun, for sure. How long have you lived in Yukon? We lived there in the 80's. Great little town.

Looks like a good time. Glad all went great for you with no problems. I went to the Route 66 Blowout at Sapulpa, OK. They ended up with 304 cars of all shapes and sizes. Next weekend the the Hogs and Hot Rods Show at Collinsville, OK. It is usually a large turnout event. Make it if you can, but be there early if you want a main street parking spot.
Lee
Don't think we had that many, but more likely a couple hundred in the show. I prefer driving them myself and like the cruise and drag races.

I can't go very far until I get cruise control, don't think my leg and foot could take a couple of hours on the road. :cool:

Looked like fun, for sure. How long have you lived in Yukon? We lived there in the 80's. Great little town.

Lived on the OKC area all but 3 years out of 61. Lived in Yukon (same house) for 31 years now and counting.

We lived at 704 Vick Circle. They used to have some pretty good car shows in Yukon. Really liked the place, but jobs sent us to Texas.

We lived at 704 Vick Circle. They used to have some pretty good car shows in Yukon. Really liked the place, but jobs sent us to Texas.

I'm south of the Interstate and south of Reno Ave. Some people call it Yutang. The kids went to Mustang school.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back