Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

So Proud Of My Daughter

jbisme

My daughter is 10, and is a special needs child. To put it simply she is a little like Forrest Gump. Earlier in the week I was looking at some drawings she was doing and realized she just might be able to weld with a little coaching. So I told her what we would do on Saturday and at first she was afraid, but she agreed to try.

Well Friday meant a trip to Harbor Freight for another auto-darkening helmet and some gloves. :D And today a trip to Ace Hardware. :cool: Here is the end result:

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

She wasn't a bit afraid when we got started. In fact, she was more eager to try than I expected. I'm so proud of her.

Were proud of you:D what a great father for including your daughter. God Bless.

George

I'm not sure when she'll start her build, but next week we're going to make some wind chimes and she'll weld the frame to hold them. Next week she'll learn how to use a tape measure and a drill press. I'm thinking wind chimes for the grandparents would be a treat for Christmas.

Another pic, my daughter's butterfly is on the left.

DSCF0005.jpg

good on ya mate-to many people don't let you there kids into the workshop.both my girls can weld and enjoy it.excellant photos-thanks

Very rewarding I'm sure. Congratulations Dad. :cool:

I'm showing this post to my 10 year old grandson he is on the edge of wanting to weld so he can start patching his OT 78 Nova and "do the underneath stuff You have trouble getting down for Pepe" Gotta love him!

Yes keep the kids involved I had my niece help me wire my bucket. She thought it was pretty cool. Learning how much wiring there is in such a simple car.

Its great when you can get he kids out in the garage to help, special needs or not.

Is she for hire? You should approach the higher authorities on this website about donating one of her items for auction and let her have a percentage back. Knowing these softies on the site, they will bid it up. In fact, no matter what it is, I will start the bidding for $50. GO FOR IT GIRL!

I was a single parent, at 26, raising a 2,6, and 7 yr., after losing my wife to thyroid cancer. When I moved to Az. I told them they could have my phone number, but not my address. They didn't think that was as funny as I did.

I think that is really neat. Parents today don't always get there kids involved like they should. I think we live in a very fast paced world and everybody is in a hurry, and we forget about the little things.:D

JB, that is TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! My wife is a Special Ed. teacher, I have seen how involved some parents can be :D. It is great to read about the time and activities that you do with your daughter. PaulR

Their is no greater reward than being a dad and JB looks like your a good one. The little things you do with your kids now will shape how good a parent they are. The Butterfly is very Beautiful,
The most important thing a man will ever build, is the relation ship with his children. Rooster chapter 4 verse 7

AZCOWBO, I like your idea. Who do I talk to about setting up something like that? You got me to thinking I could start designing a Model-T she welds up.

My girl is in Special Olympics Tennis and has done pretty well this year. We're going to make a trophy for the coordinator that will have a stick figure tennis player on top and give it to her at the State Finals next month.

jbisme,

Kids do bring out the best in parents and I can see why. You truely are a blessed family. BTW, her welds look better then some people I know that do this type of work for a living. "She Done Good!"

George

RPM or VegasBruce could maybe assist you, especially if her dad promises not to start charging her a commission, ha!

go dude--she is a keeper and i bet her old man will learn more from her than she from him--God Bless

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back