Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

So this is how I picture my t-bucket

hemiguy

Kind of old school...sbc, auto, chrome popes, orange, noisy gear drive. But would like to do some custom stuff not normally seen on buckets. ( but I'm not the guy who built the red baron ). Far from it, ,lol...So I'm gonna ask you guys..any ideas.. This should be interesting...

First thing I would suggest is forget the noisy gear drive. Everybody thinks they want one until they actually own one. Most people end up pulling them back out and going with a standard double roller chain setup within a short period of time. They don't give you the cool blower whine you think they do, they sound more like a bad power steering pump.

Just a thought.

Don

Anybody ever use a clothespin to hold a playing card to the front fork of your bicycle and let the card flap against the spokes as you rode along? If you want blower whine get a blower. Just my .02. (I guess that is OT for this thread, sorry for the hijack).

Reminds me of the years gone by, clothespins and baseball cards, how I wish I had them back(the cards) and old dusty leisure suits that needs throwing out. Kind of old school I used stock gears on mine much quieter and less problems, I rather ride bucket all week instead of working on it all week just for weekend. If it ain't broken don't fix it. How these words bring back memories and the wisdom passed on not realized until we get older. Look at some old pic's, build and old school bucket with flathead motors. (old school) seems those were the good old days.

"Chrome POPES?" Kitschy Vatican souvenirs? Sounds odd for a T-bucket! LOL!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back