Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Sold on Barrett Jackson last night

GT63

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
This little T sold for $17K on Barrett Jackson last night

96476_Front_3-4_Web.JPG

1924 T on Barrett Jackson

Just shows how ego driven BJ has become. from SO many angles. it's become the ultimate status (with some) to have bought (or sold) a car at Barret Jackson regardless of actual value. the real value of the cars is often nuts compared to what they sell for. come on now... a 70 El Camino beat up POS for $9,000.oo because it was used on My Name is Earl??? you can NOT be serious. that was a $4000.oo car on a very good day, and only because it was a factory BB car. and now BJ is selling buckboards (fake ones at that). anything for a buck I guess. class and tradition be damned. take any of the Ts that will sell there and try to sell them on the open market you'll get 2/3 the price, which is closer to actual value IMHO. sorry, no bragging rights that way however.

[take a breath Russ.... oommmmmmmmm..... oommmmmmmm]

Russ

Russ,

Your a man ahead of your time. I know I won't be making friends here with this next statement, BUT, in the current economy, a basic good running, nice looking T, with th350 and a sbc, is only fetching $10~$12K max. Ouch, I know. A really nice T, with classic power such as a 409 and a 5 speed and IRS (Jaq or vette), top, great seats and panal/gauges and can be driven safely at least as aggressive as, say a 2007 Mustang, could bring $16K~$18K. Things seem to be a whole lot different than just 4 years ago in our little old hot rod market.

Bob

This one sold for $19,250 (including commission)
97951_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Has someone got too much time on their hands?

Then there's the guy with too much change in his pocket!!

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back