Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

straight windshield posts

fordsbyjay

With the help of Mickey and Jim at wintec I was able to get some straight windshield posts to replace the layed back version I had. I think it better suits the era of my car design. It also creates a lot more room around the steering wheel and blocks the wind a little better.

Old
23T1.jpg

New
S5033684.jpg

I like the new look better ... jmo

Ron

You can't beat the new look. That is one beautiful rod....an inspiration to those of us looking for the nostalgic look.

Sweet :hooray:

Thanks for all the nice compliments. I just need to get rid of those billet valve covers now. I was thinking some Ansons or these valve covers
1701Pair.jpg
. They are not as retro but I like them so.....

fordsbyjay,
can we get a part number and the actual source for these posts. They are not show in the Wintec catolog.....ruggs

fordsbyjay,
can we get a part number and the actual source for these posts. They are not show in the Wintec catolog.....ruggs
Hey ruggs, Wintec has just added the posts to their website yesterday, I just talked to Jim about them. They are in the universal listing on the website

Nice upgrade on the windshield.I see you changed your air cleaner to it fits the style better.You could pick up a classic pair of Mickey Thompson covers .ebay

thanks texT......ruggs

Nice upgrade on the windshield.I see you changed your air cleaner to it fits the style better.You could pick up a classic pair of Mickey Thompson covers .ebay
LOL. I had some 10+ years ago and I got rid of them thinking they were "old". Now I am looking for some "old" valve covers. I actually like the vintage Edelbrock one but I don't want to mortgage my house to buy a set. The ansens are nice but they don't clear roller rockers without spacers and that gets expensive as well. They are just valve covers for heck sakes I don't know why people want so much for some of them.

I like the up right screen posts,it does suit the whole style of the complete car. How do the posts attach to the car? On mine,the posts have been butchered down in size and then drilled to attach replica side lights resulting in just one bolt each side holding the windscreen to the car, plus there is no room to get a spanner or socket onto it.

I like the up right screen posts,it does suit the whole style of the complete car. How do the posts attach to the car? On mine,the posts have been butchered down in size and then drilled to attach replica side lights resulting in just one bolt each side holding the windscreen to the car, plus there is no room to get a spanner or socket onto it.

There are two panhead screws on each bracket that goes through body. On the inside of the body there is a piece of wood with threaded inserts in it. The windshield is held in the posts with one bolt on each side.

I aggree the straight looks better with your style. I am about to finish my modern style bucket and am looking for lean back posts. do you still have yours and do you want to sell them? if so please give me a call. Jim 760 207 6922.

I aggree the straight looks better with your style. I am about to finish my modern style bucket and am looking for lean back posts. do you still have yours and do you want to sell them? if so please give me a call. Jim 760 207 6922.

I'll think about it Jim but I am not much of a seller, more of a keeper. LOl.

Thanks for all the nice compliments. I just need to get rid of those billet valve covers now. I was thinking some Ansons or these valve covers
1701Pair.jpg
. They are not as retro but I like them so.....

How about Mooneyes valve covers?

Attachments

• mp655-fordsb.jpg
    mp655-fordsb.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 24

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back