Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

straight windshield posts

With the help of Mickey and Jim at wintec I was able to get some straight windshield posts to replace the layed back version I had. I think it better suits the era of my car design. It also creates a lot more room around the steering wheel and blocks the wind a little better.
Old
23T1.jpg

New
S5033684.jpg

DO YOU STILL HAVE THE LEAN BACK POSTS? IF SO, WANT TO SELL THEM?

As most of you know i have the Anniversary Total Body and i'm going to change to the straight posts and need you guys oppinion.I got the posts from Jim at Wintec and i have to do some trimming to fit but tommorrow i will post pics and see what you guys think thumbs up or down on the straight posts.

I like the look of angled posts but they take some room out of getting in and don't block very much wind.I guess old age and common sense are taking over.

As most of you know i have the Anniversary Total Body and i'm going to change to the straight posts and need you guys oppinion.I got the posts from Jim at Wintec and i have to do some trimming to fit but tommorrow i will post pics and see what you guys think thumbs up or down on the straight posts.

It really depends on the 'style' of your car. The layed back posts look good on some cars just like the straight posts can look good. Post a pic of your car and I will give you my opinion free of charge. :hyper:

Hello I'm new to the forum my search for layed back winshield posts led me here. I found your posting and wanted to know if you still had them if so would you like sell them? Or could you let me know where you got yours? Speedway Motors has stainless steel ones with no holes threads built in . From your pics it looks like you have bolts holes that go thought your post thats what I'm looking for. Going to order my body from Spirit Industires they only offer straight ones.Any help would be great.Thanks Johnny

Hello I'm new to the forum my search for layed back winshield posts led me here. I found your posting and wanted to know if you still had them if so would you like sell them? Or could you let me know where you got yours? Speedway Motors has stainless steel ones with no holes threads built in . From your pics it looks like you have bolts holes that go thought your post thats what I'm looking for. Going to order my body from Spirit Industires they only offer straight ones.Any help would be great.Thanks Johnny

I got mine from wintec but they were for Total Perf. body. I often wondered how close the dimensions are in that area between manufacturers to make swapping between brands practical. I already had holes so a direct match was very important to me. In your case you are starting fresh so you have more flexibility. Speedway has them and you could try Jim at wintec or Ron at RPM. Just out of curiosity did you check with Spirit to see what they suggest. They have been around for many years and should have the best idea what would fit their bodies.

All their contact info can be found by clicking their logos at the top of the page.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back