Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Strange Body

VegasBruce

VIP
VIP Member
This is on Craigslist. Can anyone tell me anything about it? The guy wants a hundred dollars for it.

010106010205011613200801296e946bf81.jpg

01020401040501160220080129ce3515975.jpg

I don't know what it is but i would like to have it.

Yea thats what i'm talking about.Since my paint scheme is Big Daddy Roth i would have liked to have that at the start of my project.Oh well to late now

Looks like a cross between the XR-6 and that one off T Joe Bailon built in the '60's. Maybe some one had one of those cartoon cars in mind. Would make a neat wall hanger.

Vegas, I tossed it out on the HAMB website. The guys there are all about traditional hot rods and customs. Some think it may be a dune buggy or VW trike body from the mid to late sixties. The general thoughts of it being a Barris are "NO WAY". At one point the guy was trying to get $200 for it and it's been listed for a while.

A few thoughts were to buy it. I favor that as well. Depending on your finances, this is the kind of thing that you buy and as time goes on, you figure out what to build with it. If I had the money to spare, I'd get it and eventually build a '60s style showcar T Bucket out of it. That's what the shape reminds me of.

Either way, good luck with it.:D

Thanks Fred, I saw your post on HAMB. I've been sick all week nothing to do but be on the computer. I'm going to call on it tomorrow. Maybe go pick it up for a future project. I just got an OK from the wife. :D If nothing else it will look cool hanging on the wall of my shop when I move to Texas. :toast:

Still like the way you think Bruce. Can't have too many projects or wall hangers.

Youngster said:
Still like the way you think Bruce. Can't have too many projects or wall hangers.

:D I have about 10 years worth of projects, as it is.

VegasBruce said:
:toast: I have about 10 years worth of projects, as it is.

Me too. Gonna retire this year. Now I won't have any more excuses to put them off any longer. :D

YblockT said:
Sure looks like an attempt at an Excaliber/Outlaw to me.
text02.jpg
Any chance of getting a copy of the whole artical?The Outlaw is my favorite car.

Youngster said:

It took all day to get a hold of the guy, but it was already sold. I really didn't need it anyway.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back