Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Switching from 10% ethanol to 100% petroleum gas

The water damage and corrosion associated with ethanol as well as the soft parts deterioration is enough for me to avoid it. Problem is finding non blended fuels at a reasonable price. The marina has it. A few select stations, but it's not cheap or convenient to me. I do live by a lake, but it's double the price. In recent years most of the mechanical issues I've had were fuel or lubricant related. Modern chemicals don't contain the correct ingredients for older cars.

The water damage and corrosion associated with ethanol as well as the soft parts deterioration is enough for me to avoid it. Problem is finding non blended fuels at a reasonable price. The marina has it. A few select stations, but it's not cheap or convenient to me. I do live by a lake, but it's double the price. In recent years most of the mechanical issues I've had were fuel or lubricant related. Modern chemicals don't contain the correct ingredients for older cars.

Build a better/newer car--ELECTRIC--No worries then until you want to pull your 32 foot Camper 2000 miles.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back