Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T BUCKET @ Western Nat Bakersfield,Ca

CARS34PHORD

HPIM4011.JPG HPIM4014.JPG HPIM4013.JPG First short trip 11 miles each way from home to the Western Nats NSRA Bakersfield,Ca. Had a good time a few bugs with the car ,like idle is a bit high. But with Racer Brown cam 300 deg 502 lift 110 LS need to do some tuning on carb. Have to set curb idle up to much , so I have to ride the brake . Accelerator pump took a poo so its dead takin off idle, but I had a lot of fun here are more photos.HPIM4007.JPG

Nice ride! With that cam you will need to have a much higher than normal idle. You may need to use a higher stall converter to keep the creeping under control.

300 is a super long duration for a street car and as such will give you fits trying to tame it for a good idle. Is it measured @.006", @.020" or @ .050"?

I have a 2200 stall converter. 300 is advertized duration @.050 would be about 270. Cam has solids with .030 lash. Worked on carb a bit this weekend. Drilled 1/16 holes in the blades, so i can close curb idle a bit. The blades are not uncovering the idle transfer slots now an idle is better. Idle is now down to about 1200 rpm. Well guys got to go work on monday

You still may want a 3000 stall. I have .553/.555 lift and 260 @0.50 with a 3000 stahl. Managleable but still have high idle in neutral/park.

ONE FINGER JACK OR ARE YOU HIS BROTHER JOHN IF YOU DIDNT SLEEP SO MUCH YOU WOULD HAVE A PHOTO OF YOUR CAR LOL WILL LOOK FOR SUM NEIL

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back