Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tbucketeer burger please!!

T-Bucketeer Burger Recipe.

Fine chop some onion and green pepper.

Mix that and some ground horse radish in a pound of ground steak.

split into to parts.

put in zip lock and smash it out till it's flat and leave refrigerated for a day or so.

Grill it, deck out with fresh mators, pickles and stuff.

If you eat both and don't share with your bucket build'in buddy they came out right!

That recipe has been saved to the recipe file on my hard drive and will be shared with a few chosen friends.

It kinda looks like he is waiting for a free beer while his burger is cooking.

AZCOWBO said:
sorry, just popped into my head and couldn't resist.

We live about 20 miles from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Several years ago we we all at the Chimenys picnic area eating lunch. We got done picked up all of our stuff and we were walking towards the truck and head a loud comotion behinds us. Turned around to see what was going on and here was a BIG black bear setting in the middle of the picnic table we just got up from not 30 seconds ago.

Just talked to a friend of mine this morning they had a wolf stalking a 12 year old boy in a farm field.They just did alot of yelling and it ran away.

RPM said:
We live about 20 miles from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Several years ago we we all at the Chimenys picnic area eating lunch. We got done picked up all of our stuff and we were walking towards the truck and head a loud comotion behinds us. Turned around to see what was going on and here was a BIG black bear setting in the middle of the picnic table we just got up from not 30 seconds ago.

Ron,

The last time I was in that area I seem to remember seeing signs that said:

DON'T FEED THE BEARS!
I didn't!

George

A friend here has a "pet" black bear named Nina. She is about two years old now. When they first got her they could play with her but now the just look at her through the wire and feed her. They had her declawed but she packs a wallop and has knocked both of them on their asses. She's a sweetheart as long as the wire is there to separate you from her and you can carefully hand cinnamon rolls to her through the fence but you want to let go of it just before she takes it. She might think your hand is food too. Keeping bears is now illegal here but they had her before the law went into effect so they can keep her but they are not allowed to breed her. I like bears, from a distance, but I prefer pets you can pet and teach to fetch and roll over.

They also have a few elk who gladly come to the fence and let you feed them apples. My friend went into their pen once and barely got out with his life. Another "pet" I don't think I would choose.

They also have goats, peacocks, many varieties of ducks and chickens, rabbits, Sitka deer and probably other critters I can't think of right now. They also have a Great Pyranees dog that they bought to guard the place and fend off the coyotes but all the dog wanted to do was chase the chickens so it's kept penned up too.

Just saved the recipe, myself. Sounds great!

My bear story! A friend of mine was camping with his 4yr old son in SCal, and took him a ride thru the trails on his dirt bike. He got back to the camp next to his, where a lot of commotion was going on, so he stopped. They were all laughing about two cubs going through the back window of a Yellow Blazer, and into the ice chests. MaMa Bear was sitting in the passenger seat and eating M&Ms out of the glove compartment. He didn't think about it being his camp, because he had a Gold Ram Charger (city Folks don't know the difference), until they mentioned the M&Ms, which he aways had in his glove compartment. He took a great photo of her sticking her head out of the window, and looking back at him, with a great big M&M grin. When she finally left with the cubs, she had ripped the glove compartment door off and the cubs had eaten both steaks they had planned to grill.

You want a Hamburger recipe that will freak out your friends?

I have dozens.

Here's one of my favorites with some options included along the way... remember I have to cook for 30-40 guys almost every Friday so my recipes are for large groups and my recipies are mostly on the fly depending on how I feel right then LOL.

Now, you HAVE to wear an Apron. Some of us wear them quite proudly. Your Apron will not remain spotless but you can wash this one. You will be wiping your hands on something somewhere, we're gonna get messy.

I start with five pounds of ground beef (ground sirloin ground chuck whatever) and add one pound of Sage Sausage (or deer sausage if you have it). This really is kinda HAMburger right? Smaller groups you can proportion accordingly, but the sausage mixed in there will make the difference just don't put too much.

I grind up onions and bell peppers and some garlic (but not toooo much) in a Oster food processor and kinda make a paste outta the stuff and then mix it with the beef/sausage mix.

You can cheat as an alternative and use some of those Onion soup mix packages if you don't want to do all that other stuff.

I'll occasionally add an egg and a cup of bread crumbs if I want the burgers meatloafish. A big sprinkle of Italian season mix is great also.

Now for the good stuff... in the onion / bell pepper / garlic you can add your person taste of Jalepenios or habaneros... or just use pepper jack cheese later so you don't screw up the mix for everybody LOL.

Add a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper (again to taste- but I like a lot) . Getcha one of those grinders and you'll be amazed at how good everything tastes with fresh ground pepper.

Mix it all up and make patties, not really thick patties that end up looking like a baseball when they're cooked... make 'em BIG like bigger than a bun big and maybe a half inch thick. Be carefull when you're flipping 'em and they'll be fine.

Add some HONEY to get it all to stick together better. The honey will get your hands sticky but that's good. You don't want these burgers falling apart before you get 'em to the bun. Again, it doesn't take much to make the mix stick, and it's also to taste... I find too much to be a bad thing though.

Sprinkle (doesn't take much) with some Lawrey's right before you cook 'em.
There's a restaurant in Memphis that constantly wins "best Burger" awards year after year and without the Lawry's it'd be just another burger... SHHHH it's a secret, don't tell anyone.

Toss 'em on the charcoal grill. I promise they don't taste right cooked over gas... no matter how much it hurts Hank Hill's feelings.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back