Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The 5 speed swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a T, but share the light weight in my Cobra replica. I don't have 31" tires he does but do have 2 overdrive gears that overall puts me in the same rpm range as him. What is all this talk about detonation and beating on the main bearings? Most everyone in my Cobra club if not running original toploaders, are also geared the same, none of us are having these problems. Our cars are light and if not running on the track we tend to use steel flywheels. Bob is now using a steel flywheel since he switched engines some time back. I've known Bob for over 30 years and all his cars do what he sets out for them to do. This is his goal from his forum

Gosh, I'm blushing. My goal (still not reached yet), is to have a T that can pull a full G cornering, have good street manners, give mid 20's mpg, and pull a high 9 second pass in the 1/4. The first 3 objectives have been met, but I'm going backwards on the last one. 10.8 with the 355, 11.4 with the 383. The hp of the future 427 on paper says it should do a 9.78 pass, but we all know when the times are that good, traction, chassis set up, and driver skills play an important roll. If I can't break into the 9's, I'll just have to accept it because the 427 and a dual clutch disc is the last coin I'm throwing at it.

I can tell you he has reached the first 3 goals, I have a hard time keeping up with him on the mountain roads. I wanted him to get into Cobras but he does have a healthy ego and knows he might have just been a small fish in our group.

I've known Bob for over 30 years...
Allow me to convey my deepest condolences to you.

...and all his cars do what he sets out for them to do.
That's really good to hear. No. Really. I mean that. You have absolutely no idea of how interested I am in his projects.

OK. I lied.

This is his goal from his forum
And there, you're stepping over the line. I don't give a rat's rectum about "his forum". If anyone wants a better understanding of his goals, they can visit "his forum". Because anything to do with "his forum" is going to stay on "his forum".

Hear me and hear me well. I absolutely do not want any mention of this site over on his and I'm expecting everyone to keep mention of his site off this one. NO exceptions. Do I need to make myself more clear to anyone?

Since the day he spat the dummy, was banned from this site and opened his own, our traffic figures have gone through the roof. The worst day we've had this month is still better than our best day before he opened up "his forum". So, as you can see, I've absolutely no problem with anyone wanting to visit and/or participate on "his forum". In the 4.5 years since we opened the doors on this site, I've had to punt a few people out the door. Until Bob, I always felt it was an unfortunate situation. With Bob, I was finally rid of his incessant whining, as well as his constant and ongoing demands for special treatment. This was the fellow that pissed all over me because his pal was blocking Javascript in his browser and couldn't see the reCAPTCHA images on the registration page. This is the fellow who tossed his dolly out of the pram because I have a long-standing policy, that pre-dates his participation here, of not taking personal checks. He then tried to twist it around to make it look as if I was telling him that his checks were no good. So Bob broke the mold for me. I was actually smiling when I stuffed his account.

Atop all the grief he dumped on my doorstep, he violated the rules of this forum by registering a second account. He really doesn't like when the truth is told about that second account, but he made several key mistakes with that second account and used it to convey some libelous and actionable statements to others. As a result of those ill-considered actions, his privilege to participate on this Web site was removed. He is no longer able to post to this site, nor is he welcome here. If you think you're going to get away posting for him in absentia, you are going to find you are no more welcome than he.

So take all of Bob's goals from "his forum" back over to "his forum" and discuss them all you like. The goal on this forum is to never hear another word about "his forum" or anything else to do with him.

This topic is closed, as is any further discussion of Bob, a.k.a. deckofficer, a.k.a. Tahoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back