Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The itch to cruise is real itchy!

Yea.... got up this morning with 3 feet of snow on the ground... so I had to dig out the snow-blower... But just in case I cleared a path to the shed so I can still get the coupe out if I want.... ;)

I remember that crap. I got caught in an ice storm at the office one evening and the usual 20 minute trip home took almost 3 hours.:mad: That wasn't the first time ice or snow caused me grief, but I was determined it would be the last. That was January of 1980 in Indiana. By mid-September I had relocated. I took a 40% cut in pay to get away from that lousy climate! I have been here in Titusville, Florida for 32 years and never sorry. It was sunny and 77 today...:D

The ONLY reason that I stayed in northeast Ohio for as long as I did was because of a good paying job. But when I retired, seven days later I was totally moved in here in Florida. Both of my sons moved here right after college and never regretted the lesser pay to get GREAT weather. When I retired I said that ONLY snow that I ever wanted to see again was bad reception on my TV!

Jim

I worked with a guy from Nebraska and he tied a snow shovel to the grill of his car and drove south. He got to Atlanta Ga. and someone asked "what is that?". He bought a house!

That was January of 1980 in Indiana.
We still talk about the blizzard of '78. ;)

Actually, we cannot complain too much about bad weather these last couple years. It seems like every time a bad snowstorm hits, it splits at the Illinois state line and goes north and south of us. It was 40°, yesterday, and we're forecast to see 50°, today. Not so bad for Indiana in February.

I tried Florida, hated it. Five years in Ocala... This storm was not really a big deal, only took about an hour to clean up the driveway. Of course I spent more time helping other people on the block with theirs. Only problem with this snow is 3' is just too deep for donuts in an unplowed lot... The last storm was about 6" and that was perfect...
DSCN2960_zps4176d512.jpg

Weather like this can show you the truth about people...
On the corner we have a duplex on one side their is a 71 year old woman, on the other a 50 something mother with three sons, all living off moms dime. The older woman, replacement grand-mom. Was out cleaning off her steps. I went over and did her side walks and drive way for her. I guess that's just the boy scout in me. She offered me money, but I would not take money from her. She went inside and came back with hot co-co and cookies. She then pulled out a flask and asked me if I wanted it heated up. You just gota love that...
The Mom on the other side came out and cleared a path to the road from the front door. She doesn't drive due to poor eye sight. Her sons who should have done it, sat inside. Latter as I was putting away the machine one of her sons cam out in his PJ's and offered me $5.00 to do there drive way.... So they could get their lowered Hondas out. Yea, I put the machine away, I'm a nice guy, but someone should have kicked these slugs in the ass a long time ago...

As for the behavior of those sons, I believe that you get what you raise. IMHO

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back