Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Thoughts about TBucket rear suspension

The front tires on the completed version are Dunlap 165/80x15" on 4" rims and the rears are B F Goodrich 285/70x15" on 10" rims. The ones on the bare chassis are Bridgestone on the front and rear with the fronts being 195/60x15" on 6" rims and the rears being 275/60x15" on 10" rims. The little oval "thingie" in front of the radiator is a badge with "FTF" on it. It is an east coast Florida thing that stands for (in mixed company) "Forget The Fenders". I think that you can easily make the translation when with a group of guys. If you are interested in acquiring one of these badges, I can fix you up with the supplier. They are between $15 - $20 depending if you want polished or not.

The engine is a .040 over, 4 bolt, Chevy 350, which comes out to 358 cubic inches and the trans is a Turbo 350. The rear came out of a two wheel drive '96 S-10. It has a 4:10 Eaton posi unit installed.

I have seen EX JUNKS T in person last year and the photos don't do it justice. It is very well thought out bucket--I took away a few ideas for the next ride--wait I have to finish this one first!:thumbsup:

Hi guys,
Great looking auaoension. I just got a 90% complete 27 Prostreet T chassis and altered rides body with a 305. The gentleman I purchased it from doesn't feel I need Rear Radius rods with leaf springs. My concern is ramping of the rear axle, as the shocks and spring brackets are currently the only connection to the chassis. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hey Jeff, I see that you are from Orlando which is VERY close to me as I live in Oviedo which is on the northeast side of Orlando.

Now about your question of radius rods. If the leaf springs that you refer to are parallel leaf springs then there is no need for radius rods.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back