Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tire Pressure

bobs66440

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I know this has been discussed for the huge MT's, but what is the safest minimum pressure I can run on the 235/75 rears of my bucket? I am trying to flatten out some of those killer bumps. I have them down to 20 psi now. I'd like to try 18...

Try to keep the tread surface flat. If you have a flat surface, you can roll through some water and see what is touching the ground. Weight, tire size, make, pressure, etc all factor in. You can put some white polish or markings along the tread and drive it to see what is going on. Just a shoot and adjust. Sounds like you are already on a good start.

I run 15 -16 in my steel Model A pick-up, and it seems fine with 19 1/2" Mickey T's .eg: doesn't feel like I'm driving across a water bed

I ran it with 18 last night and it seemed better. I'll try 15 today...I don't think I want to go much lower than that...

I run Mickey Thompson 15/32 at 7 pounds pressure you got to remember these cars don't weigh much. The only time I have a problem with that tire pressure is when I jump on it I did some tire shake.

I have the Mickey Thompson 33x22x 15 street radials on 15 inch wide rims and run 9 lbs. psi in them on my t-bucket.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back