Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

To fix or to scrap is the question!

IMAG1962.jpg

another view. it will clear all moving parts and does not get in the way of entering or exiting .

and again pardon the mess in the background lol its musical chairs in the garage rite now with 3 other projects i have going on :)

looks real nice on paper. The lower center will have to be very narrow as you run out of foot room very fast Dwight

I think the flow will be good looking and remember the great thing about a T is what you want, so long as it is safe, is just what you want. No one else matters......Well maybe your other half may matter......

Mike

As Dwight says, "you run out of room very fast". Very interesting concept. Waiting to see how this part turns out.

Ron

Very nice design on the dash, maybe that would work well on a wide-stretch body, because of pedal and foot room.

Igor, I like that design for the dash . The things that people think out side of the box when i go to car shows is what makes me won't to look at there ride. I'm sure like everybody else said you may have to make few small changes but it would get my attention at a rod show. Keep the pic's coming

Check Ron Pope's new body sale. $400.00 for a body plus $600.00 S/H equals $1000.00 for a NEW body.

ya i have a big foot and i have mocked it up with all the parts and i still have some good clearance so far. but i am working on a second design as well.

also i will look into Rons shop and see if that price for shipping includes me lol being on an island has its issues hahaha
thanx for the great feedback guys !

ya i have a big foot and i have mocked it up with all the parts and i still have some good clearance so far. but i am working on a second design as well.

also i will look into Rons shop and see if that price for shipping includes me lol being on an island has its issues hahaha
thanx for the great feedback guys !
Check to see if you can reduce the shipping if you cut it in half along the mold lines and glass it back when it gets to you. That would at least cut down on the amount of glass work you need to do.

Repairs look great. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else so I will, hope you are using epoxy rather than polyester resin. Getting new polyester to stick well to old stuff is a challenge that can be a raffle. The only real down sides with epoxy resin are the cure times are longer and some glass types need a lot of working to wet out. If you have a lot of Bondo (polyester) in and around you could well consider giving the finished article a good coarse sanding and epoxy a layer of 6oz boat cloth all over squeegee'd flat down inside and out and followed when cured green with another filler coat of epoxy to fill the weave. Keep in mind epoxy has a woeful UV resistance so blow a coat of primer on soon as its ready.
We are a nation of boat builders down here. BTW that dash concept will look beyond cool, no doubt about that. All very fine work there, too.

Wild Mango. Thank you for the good advise and compliment !

Since like i said i have no real knowledge of how to do glass work and all that jazz. i have been using the Bondo brand 3M fiberglass resin..the only other option i have available to me is cheaper resin that i found in a boat shop .....and the bondo i am using is the short and long strand fiberglass bondo.

i sanded the whole body down with 60 and 80 grit paper to give it a bit of grab then washed it clean of dust and oils . then i glassed some cracks with 4 layers of 6oz fiberglass cloth extending the layers about 3to4 inches bigger than the cracks . and let them set overnight . the next day i added a little bit of resin in the outerside of the cracks as well.....not sure if this helps at all but in my mind i thought it was a good idea. then let sit for a few days . then i sanded again and cleaned then used the short strand fiberglass bondo to fill the low spots left from the repair job. and more sanding ect ect.

again i am no body work master not by a long shot but so far this is what i have done lol. i think after all the repair and mods are done i will take it to my friend the painter and have him body work and paint it...that way it comes out rite :)

if i made a boo boo in my steps let me know so i can make sure to get better :)

also i have made a thread in the photo album section covering the whole build so far if anyone wants to take a peek :) its called THE IGOR lol
thank you again everyone for all the good ideas and compliments :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back