Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Todds T Coupe

Well heres the T coupe as it sits today. What looked like being a "straight forward tidyup and make it legal" project has turned into a major, and we have lost sight of the original goal which was to get mobile in a couple of months, maintaining all the 70s flavour the car had.

We lost the plot because what was a good idea in 1978, is not such a good idea in 2010. Basically the car was well built and I liked the way it sat, but changes in the 90s to car building laws down here meant that a lot of it had to change. Also, we can get a car registered with fenders and we can get a car registered without fenders, but we cant get a car registered with tyres sticking out past the fenders.

And to run it fenderless, the back had to come down which is a major. The rear end is a Ford Zephyr Mk4 (our English Bucketeers will remember them) and it was modified back in the 70s to resemble a Corvette rear. Down here at that time, Jag rears were rear expensive and Fords were cheap.

I just bought a Jag rearend kit from Ron, so you can figure what the longer term plan is for the rear end setup. We may even build a whole new chassis, but I just want to get driving the coupe.

Attachments

• T Coupe June 2010 R.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 74
I put mine into a photobucket account, that resizes them for me. :winkn:

Let's see how this goes...
[attachment=4416:Coupe & Nash June 2010 023.jpg]
[attachment=4417:Coupe & Nash June 2010 025.jpg]
[attachment=4418:coupe and efi 003.jpg]
[attachment=4419:coupe and efi 004.jpg]

Still too big for the screen... Give me a minute and I'll go again.

Attachments

• Coupe & Nash June 2010 023.jpg
    Coupe & Nash June 2010 023.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Coupe & Nash June 2010 025.jpg
    Coupe & Nash June 2010 025.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 73
  • coupe and efi 003.jpg
    coupe and efi 003.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 84
  • coupe and efi 004.jpg
    coupe and efi 004.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 69
Sorry about that. The dreaded time-out for editing bit me.
Here SHOULD be a reasonable size of the last picture.
coupe and efi 004.jpg

Todd, Looks like a widening of the rear fenders is in order, a very easy fix, if you want fenders on Her, plus I would take that spring and have a safety leaf made to go next to the main leaf, just in case of failure, which I would say there is a good chance of... much better safe than sorry... :)

Ted, Im not a fan of widened guards.

To me they start to look like the are big enough to land a small plane, or they have been made out of a 44 gallon drum. So widening them really wasnt on the agenda.

So they came off. I have a spare T chassis from another old project that may yet get a glass 27 T roadster body (Im working on a swap at the moment) and then I can use the guards on that.

If the deal works out, it will have a rollcage in it & look a lot like Ruggs car. I like his car.

I also really like this T coupe. Incase you cant figure it out, it got shortened in the doors & in the body just behind the doors.

Attachments

• USA T Coupe 2cool.jpg
    USA T Coupe 2cool.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 44

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back