Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tonneau/Bed cover hinges

WMG

I have extended the bed on the bucket and now want to put a cover over it. I would like this to be a hinged cover for easier access to the bed. I also fill the fuel tank throught the bottom of the bed. The cover is to be made of 3/4" plywood with a marine grade covering applied to it. I need hinges for this, preferably chromed, as I want them on the outside. Because of the construction of the cover the studs on the hinges will have to be at least 1" long. This is where I seem to be having a problem as that most of the hinges that can be sourced seem to have about a 1/2" to 5/8" long stud. One web site has a set that have long enough studs, from a 40's era Chevy trunk lid, but they want over $200.00 with shipping and that is more than I have in all the rest of the bed cover combined. Any suggestions or if someone has a set they would sell let me know.

Been lurking here for a while I have used hardware from these guys for a dune buggy project marin part depot . com with success. they have good sturdy hinges a very good prices Sorry i can't post links or photos until I complete 10 posts

Hope it helps

Checked out the web site and they do have some great looking products at good prices

I purchased a fuel filler and some heavy duty hinges from them, I was very happy with the price and the quality

I got an error message too.

An important question is what way do you plan on opening your deck lid? From the back you will need some type of hood like hinge. If you open it backwards then you can use any old hardware hinge.

An important question is what way do you plan on opening your deck lid? From the back you will need some type of hood like hinge. If you open it backwards then you can use any old hardware hinge.
The hinge point will be towards the front of the cover so will have to use a set of hinges. I have ordered a set from marineparts.com that I think will do what I want and give the look I want. When I get it done will post a couple of pictures to show results. Proably not until end of March because I am currently redoing the wiring from front to back.

You might have to be a "Facebooker"

That's probably right. Have not done the face book thing, maybe too lazy, maybe just do not feel that everyone needs to know what I am doing all the time and certainly not interested in what most people are doing right now. Generally if I want to contact someone I will call or at the very least e-mail, call it old fashioned but O well!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back