Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

top frame ideas wanted

Russ, we sent you a PM

Jerry

Replied Jerry. thank you!

As an update to others following this thread, the least expensive top material I found (of the type I wanted) is about 90 bucks a yard, and it would take three yards to finish the top. I figured I'd gamble a hundred dollars or so on my inexperience to sew my own, but I won't gamble 300. I'm waiting until I take the car in for uphoulstery and will likely have the top covered at the same time. the frame is all done now, and painted. the 22nd is my "big day" when the car goes in for inspection and hopefully VIN, plates and tags. crossing my fingers. sometime after that we'll be getting the cloth work done.

Russ

Russ, we sent you a PM

Jerry

Hello.. This is another interesting article and I want to try building my top frame. Great photos to give me ideas but is there any photos of the bracket to attatch to the body? Also what is used for the attatching bolt to the body and the top of the windshield?
Minnesota Mike

On an early stock T the top folded down and rested in a saddle that extended thru the body. The latter T's didn't have this saddle but they where avalable thru many after market sources. I've been trying to find a picure of one but no luck. They whereused on the touring bodies in the later years. As for protecting the paint, a boot or cover was also a popular option.

Ron

[quote name='50's Kid' timestamp='1289829939' post='125437']
Hello.. This is another interesting article and I want to try building my top frame. Great photos to give me ideas but is there any photos of the bracket to attatch to the body? Also what is used for the attatching bolt to the body and the top of the windshield?
Minnesota Mike
[/quote]
There is a wooden head board for most T-buckets.(available at Wintec)It's $75.00 and he does have pics if you want.Also the body mount is sold at Wintec.The bolt and housing are sold also through Wintec call Jim there he will walk you through it.OR you can build the CCR version that is all tubing including the windshield mount.It looks good but unless you can bend the 3/4 od tubing(with a 5/8 i.d.)acuratly then i would go with the standard top with the wood headboard.Gfigm's sent me some pics of his CCR top frame.Send him an message and ask and i'm sure he'll send them to you.I'm building the Wintec/Total/Speedway style top.Hope this helps.Jim is always at the shop till 5:00/5:30 every night.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back