Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

tp emergency brake

jim shepard

I wanted to buy the total emergency brake set up instead of going with cables,,but i looked at the pictures of the brake,and as I dont know what chassis i have I dont think it will work on my bucket as I dont have the clearance they have in the pictures,my drive shaft is only about 2" away from the floor and I have a crossmember running sideways right there and my fuel pump is mounted on it,,I also have a short panhard bar on the rear that is only about a foot long there is also a shorter panhard bar running from top of rear to this crossmember, sort of the 12" running east and west and the shorter one running north and south if you will.any body have any idea who mfg. this chassis also on the front axle is raised letters CE.it has solid motor mount on a small block as the stock chev mounts didnt line up so they bolted solid to front of motor to frame mounts
thanks guys

Pictures would be a big help here. From your description I'm thinking your frame was a home build. The only company I can think of with CE would be Chassis Engineering. Maybe some one else can shed some light on that.

I would suggest you look at any possiblity for installing some kind of cushioned motor mount. When a motor is solid mounted, it becomes a cross member. This can cause all sorts of problems from steering to cracked blocks.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back