Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Trans Tunnel

railroad

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I am going to cut out the trans tunnel presently in my T. It is TOO large and the gas peddle is on top of the hump. The floor looks like fiberglass sandwiched between two sheets of alum. This includes the hump. My question is after cutting out the hump, I was going to shape the new one out of cardboard, tape it to the bottom of the floor, cover it with waxpaper and build it with matt and resin. Will the firewall and floor bond be strong enough with the bonding of the glass matt? The floor is super strong now.

Railroad, the new tunnel needs to be three layers of mat. Are you going to bond it to the floor and firewall or are you going to make it removable. If your going to bond it to the floor and firewall, ensure the area is thoroughly clean of grease, wax,oil, etc. and rough up the surface for proper adhesion.
Eric

Railroad, the new tunnel needs to be three layers of mat. Are you going to bond it to the floor and firewall or are you going to make it removable. If your going to bond it to the floor and firewall, ensure the area is thoroughly clean of grease, wax,oil, etc. and rough up the surface for proper adhesion.
Eric

Hey Eric, it has been a while, how is your build going? Did you get the gas tank in? I guess you are making good progress.

As for the tunnel Railroad, Eric's advice is perfect, but since mat comes in various weights (actual weight per sq. ft.) you should consider 1 1/2 oz mat vs. 3/4 oz. which would take 6 layers to achieve the same thickness Good luck..

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back