Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tucson Az. Steak House ?????

Baby Huey

This is REALLY important guys and gals....It has to do with my extra large belly.
Next April my VN Veterans unit is having a reunion in Tucson AZ. We have these every two years somewhere in the lower 48.
My wife and I like to go and sample the cooking in the various places.
So if there is anyone out there that lives in or around Tucson AZ, that likes a good steak, please advise me !!
I like casual.....nice shirt ( no holes..) and blue jeans. No nicey,nicey dress up places please.
I like nice thick steak.....around 20 oz or more, Rib Eye or Sirloin, A heart attack just waiting to happen !
I got on line and found a place called "Lil Abner's" Sounds pretty good, but there may be a really good hole in the wall place that i don't want to miss if I can help it...
So let me know , Please !
We have eatin at the Pinnacle Peak steak house outside of Phoenix, it was OK.
But I'd rather not go to chain resturants like Outback and others..
Thank's Guys !! "BH"

BH I am not from Tucson but I have been to Lil Abners and it was great but there is one on the southwest side of town that was real good...........but CRS won't let me remember right now. Someone from Tucson will know........I will be in Tucson on the 6th of Nov and I will find out and post it if no one has already by then..........

Lil Abners has been a favorite of mine for at least 50 years. It's only about 20 minutes from the house so I don't know anything about the other side of town. The others on the NW side of town are chains.

Thank's Guys !! I looked a couple reviews online, looks good to me..... !!
I'll put this one in the good file....
If you can belive this.......4 years ago we went to Kansas City, MO for our reunion. Now KC is supposed to be famous for STEAK...... We couldn't find an open steak house in that whole town, on either side of the river ! Hard to believe and we from out of town, but I never seen so many resturants "out of business" or "Closed for remodeling" in my life.... They said that since the stock yards clossed ,everything went down hill. And I really had my heart set on a real KC STEAK..... Maybe next trip back there I will be more prepared.... LOL
Thank's again ! "BH"

If you want a great steak, take an hour trip to Sierra Vista and visit Daisy Mae's (SP) steak house.

Last time I was down there they had a 32oz Porterhouse for $19.99 if you wanted anything else, potato, greens it was extra. But dammit that is still the best steak I have ever had. It was a steak that you took the first bite, looked down and it was gone and you were gnawing on the bone!

Real mesquite wood open fire grilling....mmmmmmmm makes me hungry just thinking about it.

Hell it seems they have one in Tucson as well
http://www.daisymaessteakhouse.com/

Thanks Keeper and I should have remembered that name I have been to both of them for a fact and they were very good.............Daisy Mae is kind of on the way back from Old Tucson as I remember now...........Damn your right now I got to eat something.....

I know what ya mean........I watch these dang food shows and I gain 30 lbs a week !! Hamburgers as big as dinner plates, stacked up with a pound of deep fried bacon and a 1/2 pound of cheese and a couple eggs and ham on top !
It just ain't right , people being able to eat like that......What about all those starving kids in China I was told about when I was a kid and left the peas on my plate ? ...
"BH"

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back