Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Tuesday music contest.....

Track-T

"Aye an' a bit of Mackeral settler rack and ruin Ran it doon by the haim, 'ma place. Well I slapped me and I slapped it doon in the side and I cried, cried, cried."

"The fear a fallen down taken never back the raize and then Craig Marion, get out wi' ye Claymore out mi pocket a' ran doon, doon the middin stain picking the fiery horde that was fallen around ma feet. Never he cried, never shall it ye get me alive ye rotten hound of the burnie crew. Well I snatched fer the blade. O my Claymore cut and thrust and I fell doon before him round his feet."

"Aye! A roar he cried frae the bottom of his heart that I would nay fall but as dead, dead as 'a can be by his feet; de ya ken?...and the wind cried back."

Dude.......what the hell ya smokin':eek::lol::lol:

Track-T said:
"...de ya ken?..."
Aye, Ah ken whit ye ur oan aboot.

'T wuid be th' wairds fae a Pink Floyd song, aye? Th' song wiz cawed -

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict

Tae th' res' o' ye, dinnae fash, Ah fair sairted it oot.

Track-T, wull that be ye oan th' bell, noo?

Very good Mike,That be the floyd....

ready for another?

When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters,
True sailing is dead.

Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned,
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop,
And head bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over.

Doors......Horse Latitudes

donsrods said:
The funniest part is that someone actually understood what he was saying!
An' wull it be me ye wuir tawkin' aboot? Ye dinnae ken whit Ah wiz oan aboot? Ah hae a pal in Lanark an whit ye see is hae he tawks tae me aw th' time in his e-mails tae me. (And will it be me you were talking about? You didn't know what I was saying? I have a pal in Lanark and what you see is how he talks to me all the time in his e-mails to me.) ;)

The song lyrics used a lot of Broadscots. If you think it's bad reading it, you need to listen to someone speaking it. And just when you think you're going to be OK with understanding it, then go to Glasgow and you're lost all over again. My ex-fianc lived just outside Stirling, but her father was ex-military and she had spent a lot of time in English schools, so she was pretty easy to understand. Her eldest daughters were nigh on impossible, because they spoke like Glaswegians, at 600 MPH. I always laugh, as a pal in Perthshire has two young daughters who both think ~I~ talk funny. :)

Aye, Ah ken whit ye ur oan aboot.

'T wuid be th' wairds fae a Pink Floyd song, aye? Th' song wiz cawed -

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict

Tae th' res' o' ye, dinnae fash, Ah fair sairted it oot.

Track-T, wull that be ye oan th' bell, noo?
What I said was -

Yes, I know what you're saying.

It would be the words from a Pink Floyd song, yes? The song was called -

To the rest of you, don't fret, I managed to properly figure it out.

Track-T, will that be you buying the next round of drinks, now?

What makes it really tough is when words don't have the same meaning here and in Scotland. Over there, a Mars bar is what we call a Milky Way. (Of course they deep-fry them across there, too. :eek:) Some Scots say 'kip' and some say 'scratcher', but they're talking about a bed. Our French fries are what they call chips and our chips are called crisps. And cookies are biscuits, unless they're chocolate chip and then they're cookies. And have you ever seen a washer/dryer combination, installed under a kitchen counter, like a dishwasher? Of course that is a washer/tumble drier, installed in the bunker to them. And you don't own a vacuum, it's a hoover and you hoover the floors when you run it. Your underwear are your pants and you damn well better not have them on under a kilt. At least you better not if you're with some of the lot I run with, else you're liable to lose the kilt and the 'pants', at the same time.

And if you think the Broadscots is difficult, are you ready to switch to Gaelic? Or should I say Gidhlig? Saor Alba, thig ar latha! Free Scotland, our time will come!

Slinte mhath, 's mise, To your good health, I am,
Micheal Michael

(Ah'm plannin' a trip tae Alba fur nex' yair, dae ye waun tae gae wie me? :D)

"you see, I've been to the edge, and there I stood and looked down. you know I lost alot of friends there, baby, I got no time to mess around"

Vance

David Lee Roth (as vocalist for Van Halen)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back