Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turning radius

WE have exactly the same setup as yours..from Spirit,and are having the same problem...we reversed the shackles, and lowered the center steering link to give more room under the frame. We are looking to make a stop of some kind, and are open to ANY suggestions...

My brother used to race gocarts and you could really feel the thing slow down in the corners when the suspension was designed wrong . I've done 2 chassis using the CCR plans that Ted designed years ago. and they make it a lot easier because you don't have to start changing things when you start to drive it.

oldtman said:
My brother used to race gocarts and you could really feel the thing slow down in the corners when the suspension was designed wrong . I've done 2 chassis using the CCR plans that Ted designed years ago. and they make it a lot easier because you don't have to start changing things when you start to drive it.
Thanks, that is one of the good reasons for buying a complete chassis kit or assembled already, as many miles went on a proto type before it was turned into a kit, just so that people would be able to consentrate on all the other stuff it takes to make it your very own ride... :)

The axles where made originally as a cost effective dropped axle for replacement on full fender cars. As such they where made to stock width specs. Both places I have bought tube axels from will make them to your specs. Just ask.

Ron
where are the places you have bought axles from? I am new to the t buckets and just wanting to know the best places to look. Thanks

I bought mine from Mickey at Total,he made it wider for me and it helps when compared to the one Spirit is using.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back