Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Turtle decks, are here.

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
The last few weeks we have been working on some turtle decks, and they are ready to go. These are really nice. The deck lid is all ready opened up and has a lip inside for the deck lid to rest in. There is also enough gap for the hinge at the top, so there should not be a lot of work making the deck lid functional. These are very similar to what Speedway has, Speedway sells theirs for $499.00 our will sell for just $329.00 plus shipping.
1_zps31b52883.jpg

2_zpsa0faed89.jpg
3_zps9811377d.jpg

When I built my car I bought my turtle deck from the old MAS in Minn. , it looked similar to yours on the front lip with no simple way to attach it to the body. It would be great if you could incorporate a flange of some sort into that leading edge .Would make attachment much simpler.
JMO
dave

When I built my car I bought my turtle deck from the old MAS in Minn. , it looked similar to yours on the front lip with no simple way to attach it to the body. It would be great if you could incorporate a flange of some sort into that leading edge .Would make attachment much simpler.
JMO
dave
We looked at that, but it would require a much different type mold and would have drive the cost way up. These will be simple to glass on, just like a bed.

We looked at that, but it would require a much different type mold and would have drive the cost way up. These will be simple to glass on, just like a bed.

Ron, when my son made the mold for my deck there was no mounting "flange". But he made a flange to the exact curvature of the back of the body and that allows me to bolt the deck to the body which at this moment I'm removing in order to replace a bolt that I broke on the lower right four link yesterday. It will make it a heck of a lot easier than laying on my back and drilling the broken half out in order to use an "easy out".

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back