Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Types of rear coil overs

mikesplumbing

How many options do I have for coil overs? I was looking for different brands and found the QA1's but geez are they expensive. I don't want junk but it would be nice not to spend quite that much if I don't have to. Anybody experiment with different types of coil overs or is that the defacto standard?

Mike

mikesplumbing said:
How many options do I have for coil overs? I was looking for different brands and found the QA1's but geez are they expensive. I don't want junk but it would be nice not to spend quite that much if I don't have to. Anybody experiment with different types of coil overs or is that the defacto standard?

Mike

Linblad Chassis makes some inexpensive ones for about $120 ea...that's what I used for the rear but they came from Spirit. They used to use these on the rear of their kit and still may. They are just a painted shock, painted coil, and alum spring cups and adjuster. Not fancy, but you can paint the shock and spring and have a clean setup for cheap. I used the Carrera chrome street rod shock for the fronts as they needed to be prettier. RPM and Speedway has them. Be warned that they only come with yellow bushings now. I had to make my black ones. Both Carrera and Linblad can be had with different spring rates.

I bought mine from Speedway and they are part number 225-2254X B.

Jim

If you want to get it right the first time ... go with the QA-1's. You won't regret it. Speedway is where i've been buying them fo a long time now. don't fret too much over the spring rate till you get your car on the street. With speed way, you can exchange the springs. Last pair was around $300.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back