Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Unconventional Build

Unbelievable HP an be drawn out of these Nissan Engines. my young friend used to Drift and the BHP (and the ride he gave me one day) are quite increasable

Im putting a ford 4.6 and tbird irs
one guy asked why ford 4.6... it was free and out of my tbird
im building the body
It will be a sedan thing with a model A bed
another guy called it Frankenstein
ford bed
my frame
my body
R Pope front end
ford irs
my exhaust cats with cherry bombs until I don't like em on the side, not in frame rails
im hide the engine wires under an engine cover that im building using the old tbird hood
front shock towers from a tractor sway bars
time lots of time and then more time
4 years building my jeep
3 years planning and building what I have done on my 27 T Something

Looks like what you need. Did you also get the rear suspension pieces you mentioned in your earlier post?
I did get it out. I am still trying to figure out how much of it I need. My brother says to ditch the cradle, but I think I need that to keep all the geometry.

I am picking up the steel for my frame rails on friday. Gotta remember to drive the truck into work that day.
I just ordered the front suspension kit from speedway. Thought about trying to create it on my own, but after looking at the parts costs, it is hard to beat the price of their kit.
Progress is slow, but it is progress. Too many projects right now, just picked up a 440 for my 51 Dodge gasser, meanwhile the 33 plymouth and 48 roadmaster sit.

My advice: finish the bucket. Driving it will be good therapy while you finish the others. You can't drive a gasser down main street either!:eek::rolleyes::D

CruznIndy3.jpg

I did get it out. I am still trying to figure out how much of it I need. My brother says to ditch the cradle, but I think I need that to keep all the geometry.
I would get the frame built, sit the body on it and go from there. Set the engine and trans where it needs to be and fabricate engine and trans mounts, get rid of the cradle.

As someone who is also building my own unconventional Tbucket project, I fully support the idea of different drivetrains. The beauty will be in the execution of the project.

Sorry about the repeat posts. Trying to get the picture to load is kicking my butt.

Attachments

• 20190716_195029.jpg
    20190716_195029.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 84
Your frame isn't something you should be practicing welding on! Many say you shouldn't even touch a weld bead with a grinder!

G'Day NeonH,
I have to agree with the above statement, grinding weld beads reduces the strength of that weld. Looking at the pic you put up, the weld bead on the top of the lower rail doesn't appear to follow the joint, the bead is all on the top piece of steel. When you grind a weld it's usually to repair a mistake with a new bead on that joint. If you cut some of the leftovers up and practice welding the joints you'll be amazed how much better the welds get. then you can apply what you've learnt on your frame. Hope this is helpful.
Regards,

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. You should make plenty of HP to move the bucket around.
Something to think about - The shifter looks like it may be a little further back than you are going to want it. I'd look at that and see what options you have to move it forward if needed.
I'd hold on to the cradle at least until you have everything mocked up. It may be helpful in identifying your mounting points for the rear end even if you don't end up using it.

Mocked up the IRS on the frame. Still going to take some more tweaks, but it should be cool.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565558640143.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565558640143.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 45
I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. You should make plenty of HP to move the bucket around.
Something to think about - The shifter looks like it may be a little further back than you are going to want it. I'd look at that and see what options you have to move it forward if needed.
I'd hold on to the cradle at least until you have everything mocked up. It may be helpful in identifying your mounting points for the rear end even if you don't end up using it.
I am keeping the cradle, at least for now so that I dont have to recreate the geometry of the IRS.
I have been taking some measurements now that I have the frame basically together and I can set the body on it. The shifter actually will only be at the front of the seat. I will have to modify the seat, or do a bucket or bomber seat type of thing, but not a huge issue, Tbuckets are tight inside anyways. I think it just looks like it hangs out way back there because all of the nissan stuff is so small in the first place.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back