Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Update on JohnG's project T

JohnG

It’s been a while since I last posted, been traveling a lot for business but spend every available minute working on the car and going to Bucket club meetings. Last weekend I finished the wiring and everything works. I finally got to drive it around the yard to make sure the drive train was working correctly. I’m in Thailand right now but when I get home I will be taking it apart to do the painting and interior. Hopefully, I will be driving it on the street next month and taking it to the NATS in June. I hope to see you all there.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 182
  • MVC-081S.JPG
    MVC-081S.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 259
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 270
  • MVC-082S.JPG
    MVC-082S.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 270
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 261
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 201
Looking really good . How high is your seat off the floor?

[quote 4 inches, I wanted the under seat storage space.name='putz' date='08 March 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1268106809' post='1

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 45
:thumb: Sweet

Nice work ... can't wait to see it with paint and threads.

Ron

Nice! Windshields too tall. :thumb:

A suggestion for comfort, I would lower the back of the seat at least 3 1/2", and cut out where your BUTT will be sitting and use webbing in the area, then the non-collapsable foam for the seat bottom... The rear lowered will hold you IN the seat, much more comfy.. I would also move the gas pedal forward as far is possible also, as you need as much leg room as you can get... Ride safe lookin very nice... :thumb:

Looking at your pictures, I see that for your main rear support you have a transverse spring with what appears to be coil over shocks. The coils appear to be real close to coil bind. Am I just seeing things?

John

Looking at your pictures, I see that for your main rear support you have a transverse spring with what appears to be coil over shocks. The coils appear to be real close to coil bind. Am I just seeing things?

John
These are coil over shocks for a baja bug and are adjustable. They are about half compresses but have plenty of travel. The cost was right for me at $65 a pair I figured a little tighter suspension I could deal with.

Ted you are 100 percent right my buddy did his seat flat so it would look good but he said its like setting on a bleacher at the football game. he regrets not adding some toush support. :laugh:

Ted you are 100 percent right my buddy did his seat flat so it would look good but he said its like setting on a bleacher at the football game. he regrets not adding some toush support. :thinkn:
Thanks for all the input guy's, I'll take another look at the seat design before taling it to have the interior done

As a rule of thumb, in the chair manufacturing, the seat base is 15 to 20 degrees up with the back at another 94 degrees. This would give you a total of 109 to 114degrees off the floor.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back