Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Greg’s T project

Are they chrome or powder-coated? If chrome, I used high-temp ceramic spray paint to keep them from bluing. Pick it up at AutoZone etc. and spray the inside of the header tubes liberally. Then cure it per the directions on the can. Presto-zippo - been two years since I installed these and no bluing!

Attachments

• 20220821_133917.jpg
    20220821_133917.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 7
Are they chrome or powder-coated? If chrome, I used high-temp ceramic spray paint to keep them from bluing. Pick it up at AutoZone etc. and spray the inside of the header tubes liberally. Then cure it per the directions on the can. Presto-zippo - been two years since I installed these and no bluing!
Neat trick. These are stainless steel. Wonder if that would work the same for them.

Mine are stainless also, they didn't turn blue, they turned a light gold color.

Will chrome do the same thing???

But shotgun headers from Speedway came today.
Some people will use an old set of headers during first startup, especially when the carb is an unknown AFR. I think a leaner /hotter temps will exacerbate the tendency to turn blue.

Chrome doesn't turn gold like stainless. And yes, on initial startup I used an old set of headers that the St Louis chapter loans out for just such purposes. But since my engine was already tuned when I replaced my headers 2 years ago I didn't need them. And the ceramic paint trick really does work, even on the cheap chrome headers that are available now.

Hey Houch ; I have a customized 32 radiator shell & a pair of stock 23 model t roadster hinges. I also have a unaltered 32 radistor shell. Both radiator shells ar fiberglass.If you're interested , you can have them for the cost of shipping. The custom radiator shell will need some minor crack repair64-55840.jpgDSCN1668.JPGDSCN1669.JPGDSCN1670.JPG

Last edited:
I using Skip White aluminum heads.
Assuming that they are complete heads, it wold be advisable to disassemble them and check them over closely with measurements. Put them back together with assembly lube on the valve stems.

Hey Houch ; I have a customized 32 radiator shell & a pair of stock 23 model t roadster hinges. I also have a unaltered 32 radistor shell. Both radiator shells ar fiberglass.If you're interested , you can have them for the cost of shipping. The custom radiator shell will need some minor crack repairView attachment 24935View attachment 24936View attachment 24937View attachment 24938
Thanks for the offer but my kit comes with the doors already installed and a chopped grill shell too.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back