Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

WANT TO BUILD MY OWN HEADERS WHERE TO GET PARTS

BCOWANWHEELS

HEY GUYS I have to build me a new set of headers for my old T-bucket . been lookin around and the header folk are way over priced so i,am gonna build my own set of headers again. lookin forr a set of 3/8" thick flanges with stubs for small block ford (289-302). wheres the best place to get them now ?iif anybodys got a new set for sale call me.
423 384 8938
thanks
bob

For some reason 3/8 flanges are hard to find. If it where me, I would check with RPM for a custom set. On my y-block I welded some 10ga. rectangular tubing scraps up to form a wedge to drive into some short pieces of tubing for the stubs with a hydrolic press. Worked like snot! Another tip here is to use a stock cast manifold with a 10 or 12ga. shimm over the center ports when you finish weld them. They come out nice and flat that way.

Ron

I have a local water jet cuttng outfit make a lot of stuf for me. it's surprisingly inexpensive. For example for my intake manifold flanges it was an initial 25 dollar setup fee and then 22 bucks each to make them in 3/8 steel
On my Northstar headers I used the stock set of ex manifolds, which are SS tubing, and cut off the stock tubes. cost -0- . I'm not a sbf guy, and don't know of any sbf manifolds which are tubing, but you might check around the wreaking yards if there were any made. mid 80s SBC vans used tube exhaust for example, so maybe ford has some applications also. when you just need the flanges a damaged set works great, and is always cheep.

Mandrel bent tubing can be had from many sources for cheep. the price varies greatly, so do your homework on that one. ck JC whittney, Summits own brand of tubing, and Magnumforce race car fabrication. all are pretty reasonable.

I'm not a tightwad.... I've just heard about these things.. you understand . ;)

Russ

Hi
Check out JEG'S they have header flanges
I don't know what thickness they are
I saw them in a recent catalog from them

HEY GUYS I have to build me a new set of headers for my old T-bucket . been lookin around and the header folk are way over priced so i,am gonna build my own set of headers again. lookin forr a set of 3/8" thick flanges with stubs for small block ford (289-302). wheres the best place to get them now ?iif anybodys got a new set for sale call me.
423 384 8938
thanks
bob

http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/fordflanges.htm

I think these guys where sponsors at one time don't quote me on that.noxious customs link
They are 3/8 lazer cut

now those look nice and a reasonable price. too bad they don't have N* flanges or I'd be a buyer.

Russ

423 384 8938
thanks
bob
Bob, Patriot makes an inexpensive T Bucket header for SBF $195. Look here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PTE-H8469/

Thanks guys. think I,am gonna just make a set. between all these supplyers i can get everything i need and they,ll be exactly what i want when finished. you fellas are a real blessing
thanks
bob

Thanks guys. think I,am gonna just make a set. between all these supplyers i can get everything i need and they,ll be exactly what i want when finished. besides my T Bucket is vintage 1967 and i want the headders to be period correct also. in those days they didnt sell store bought t-bucket headers.you fellas are a real blessing
thanks
bob

Do a search for u-weld header kits, there's alot of options open to you. Also....Summit has the parts, ou just gotta know what you need. Whatever you decide..... buy a few more of the long U's if if you don't do this full time....they'll come in handy........

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back