Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Welcome to IP.Board 3.2.1

Mike

OK, here we are, running the latest version of Invision's forum software.

I was really concerned with a couple stages of the upgrade and both managed to stick a fork in me. :wall:

We've lost avatars for several members, so those of you with no avatar image are going to have to be patient with me. If nothing else, I'll restore them one at a time.

The Donation Tracker is not working. And I cannot force it to work, because the DT control panel returns a database error, when I try to access it. Never fear, I can access the logs, so I can see what donations have been made. I hope the dev will be able to provide a bit of support, so we can get this one working again.

I'm still checking some of the other functions, so if you find something not working properly, don't panic.

All three Aztech skins have been uploaded and are now working.

Scroll to the bottom of any page, in the left hand corner click Change Theme and you will be able to select the skin you want to use. Our signature, Aztech Red skin has been set as the default, but you can select whatever tickles thy fancy.

I think I've managed to clear up the avatar issue, so if you had an avatar uploaded to your account and it is not displaying, I'm going to need you to attach your avatar to a post in this topic and I will look after resizing it, renaming it and uploading it, so it will appear properly. Whoever came up with the idea to move avatars and profile pics around needs to be castrated, in my not-so-humble opinion. But we'll work around whoever that idiot might have been.

Looking GREAT thanks for the new I'm down page also that worked great....................

Well, it looks good and seems to be working fine. Are you going to put the "View New Content" button back on the bottom of the page like we had on the last version?

Looking GREAT thanks for the new I'm down page also that worked great....................
Not sure what you mean by "the new I'm down page", but I'm relieved to hear it is working well. :winkn:

Well, it looks good and seems to be working fine. Are you going to put the "View New Content" button back on the bottom of the page like we had on the last version?
Let me look into it. In the very center of the screen, down at the bottom, you will see a shaded up-arrow. Click on it and will return you to the top of the page. Use that for the time being and I'll look into the other.

Ask and ye shall receive.

vnc.png

Is it just me or is everyone seeing a white background? I changed to the blue and green colors using the Theme but that only changes in a few spots. The rest is all white and it is making my eyes bleed.

Is it just me or is everyone seeing a white background? I changed to the blue and green colors using the Theme but that only changes in a few spots. The rest is all white and it is making my eyes bleed.
The background has always been white, with the exception of the gray used in the old CleanCut skin.

background1.jpg

The above image is what the background was, after upgrading the site.

background2.jpg

I checked one of the forums I have yet to upgrade and the above image is what the background was on that one. Which means the second image also represents what the background had always been on this site, prior to the upgrade.

I just changed all three Aztech skins to the second color, but I have to admit I cannot see the difference. :shrug: Must be these old eyes of mine. I know the first image (FFFFFF) is slightly different from the background, but darned if I can see it.

Aztech Blue for me.
That was me, figuring you would have opted for the IP.Board skin. Weren't you using the CleanCut skin, prior to the upgrade?

The Donation Tracker is now back up and running. The fellow that developed the script swung by, found the problem and applied the fix, to get it working as it should. And I think that means everything is 100% operational! :yay: The Tech Library works, the Gallery works, the Member Map works and the Support Tracker works. There is a wee bug only the staff members can see and it is certainly not critical to operation of anything else.

Again, if anyone is having problems with their avatar being lost in the upgrade, let me know. It looks like the people who were using their profile picture as their avatar managed to get that carried over. Those of us who were using a separate avatar had them dropped. But, I sorted a way to get them re-inserted, so I am hoping that fixed the problem.

:popcorn: :beer:

Thank you Mike, you are "THE MAN".
You're only saying that because it's true. :rofl:

Actually, you're only saying that because you didn't see how I managed to crash one of the styles, trying to edit it. :blush: I had it well and truly knackered, believe me.

With the old 3.1.4 software, I had a handful of template edits to accomplish some features and functions. Fortunately, the upgrade to 3.2.1 has brought nearly all of those template edits into play, right out of the tin. So the edit to add VNC to the bottom of the page was really all that was necessary. Which makes me a happy camper, because things can go south easily, when there are a bunch of template edits to contend with at upgrade times.

Keeper, there actually are a handful of big differences. But I've found all of them to make life simpler. I've noticed a couple things were getting moved about in the testing releases and I'm not a fan of changing things, just to say they were changed. Fortunately, most of them found their way back to where they were before. Things that have been moved seem to be located more intuitively than before. I think people will acclimate quickly and easily. At least I hope they will. :winkn:

The background has always been white, with the exception of the gray used in the old CleanCut skin.

IIRC this is what I had changed to last time you chnaged things up. All of the current themes seem to have a white background now with just the outlines changing colors (ie blue. green. red). Is there other way to change my view Mike?

OK, here we are, running the latest version of Invision's forum software.

I was really concerned with a couple stages of the upgrade and both managed to stick a fork in me. :wall:

We've lost avatars for several members, so those of you with no avatar image are going to have to be patient with me. If nothing else, I'll restore them one at a time.

The Donation Tracker is not working. And I cannot force it to work, because the DT control panel returns a database error, when I try to access it. Never fear, I can access the logs, so I can see what donations have been made. I hope the dev will be able to provide a bit of support, so we can get this one working again.

I'm still checking some of the other functions, so if you find something not working properly, don't panic.
When you click on a subject it opens then you have to manually scroll down to the last post.I'm an automatic tranny guy also.If i have to i will i'm not bitchin.hehe Also if it says i made the the last post when you scroll down its not me if i hit the refresh button on the server it changes.

IIRC this is what I had changed to last time you chnaged things up. All of the current themes seem to have a white background now with just the outlines changing colors (ie blue. green. red). Is there other way to change my view Mike?
Maybe I'm not on the same page with you.

What area does the white bother your eyes? I just checked the CleanCut skin and what is known as the 'content area' is the very same color as the content area on the Aztech skins here.

ccbackground2.png

aztechbackground2.png

Those two backgrounds are the very same shade of white - FAFBFC

If it is the background of the posts you are reading, they are also identical.

ccbackground.png

You can see the CSS file from the CleanCut skin above. And post_block background is set at FAFBFC.

aztechbackground.png

Here you can see the CSS file from the Aztech Red skin on this site. And post_block background is set at FAFBFC.

Those are the only significant white areas I can think you might be referring to, and as you can see, they are identical. I originally had the content background and post_block background set to FFFFFF, which is pure white. I edited both values to be the very same as the old IP.Board 3.1.4 skin and the CleanCut 3.1.3 skin. So I am confused on where you are seeing white that is different from what we had 36 hours ago. The new forum layout does present a bit more whitespace that the old version, so maybe you are just seeing more white than you were used to seeing? Some of the forum elements are lighter shades of color than the old versions, so maybe that is brightening the look for you?

Tell me which forum skin you want to use. Then point out the specific areas you feel are too white. I will create a child skin and will use some gray in place of the white.

When you click on a subject it opens then you have to manually scroll down to the last post.I'm an automatic tranny guy also.If i have to i will i'm not bitchin.hehe Also if it says i made the the last post when you scroll down its not me if i hit the refresh button on the server it changes.
Actually, there is a ton of information in the forum view. And much of it is new.

fview1.png

Hover over the topic subject name and you will see you can click there to read the topic from the opening post.

fview2.png

Hover over my username and you will get a pop-up card with data from my profile.

fview3.png

Hover your mouse in the general area indicated by the red arrow and you will see an icon will suddenly appear.

fview4.png

Click on the icon and you will see the original post in the topic, as well as the last topic submitted to the topic.

fview5.png

Click on the number of replies link and you will see who has posted to the topic and how many times they have posted.

fview6.png

Hover over the last poster's username and a pop-up card will appear for that user.

fview7.png

Click on the Date/Time link of the last post and that will take you to the last post in the topic.

There really is a lot of data available from just that one topic's forum view line. I have to admit, I don't use tools like View New Content, so I'm lost when it comes to knowing how it works. From what I am hearing, it sounds as if VNC is working a bit better than it did before, but I've zero clue. I generally click on that last post link and roll up to where I've left off on previous visits.

Actually, there is a ton of information in the forum view. And much of it is new.

fview1.png

Hover over the topic subject name and you will see you can click there to read the topic from the opening post.

fview2.png

Hover over my username and you will get a pop-up card with data from my profile.

fview3.png

Hover your mouse in the general area indicated by the red arrow and you will see an icon will suddenly appear.

fview4.png

Click on the icon and you will see the original post in the topic, as well as the last topic submitted to the topic.

fview5.png

Click on the number of replies link and you will see who has posted to the topic and how many times they have posted.

fview6.png

Hover over the last poster's username and a pop-up card will appear for that user.

fview7.png

Click on the Date/Time link of the last post and that will take you to the last post in the topic.

There really is a lot of data available from just that one topic's forum view line. I have to admit, I don't use tools like View New Content, so I'm lost when it comes to knowing how it works. From what I am hearing, it sounds as if VNC is working a bit better than it did before, but I've zero clue. I generally click on that last post link and roll up to where I've left off on previous visits.
Thats what i've been doing but i didn't know the other stuff thanks Mike you're a pretty slick dude.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back