Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Well, thats a turn up for the old guys.

Gerry

Got a PM form 2Old2Fast the other day saying that the site had been taken over by Ron, so took a look.Good on ya Ron for saving something us Bucket guys held close to our hearts. Like minded people who love Buckets.

Seems my browser would not allow access due to certification problems but as I know you lot from old, I by passed the security to come back for a chat.

I would like to know if all the old threads from back then have been saved or lost to the ethereal fog we call the interweb????

Anyway 2Old says there are still some of the old guys here, so it would be nice to touch base with you and the new guys.

Good to be back

Gerry.

PS anyone remember where I left off........

Ahhhhh ....... Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman ...

O.K. your back. Get the T running? We need pics you know.

As for where you left off, you were unceremoniously booted for arguing with the boss of the time and so now you are back, peeking past the door, looking for entry. Plus having already bypassed security and ignored all propriety, you probably can immediately post pictures. So lets' see 'em.

You know that Ron has gotten a taste for the ban-hammer so I would step lightly if I were you. Well, as lightly as you can.

Nice to have someone who I can joust with.

Nice hearing from you, you cheeky boy.

John (the other)

Welcome back, Gerry.

Welcome back to the forum, Gerry.
Dayum John, How old are you? I haven't heard that I years, although I did say that about two weeks ago to my grandson. He just looked at me strangely as if to say, HUH

Great to have ya back, Gerry! I remember you were working on some killer motor combo for a fella year before last....hell, I loose track of time these days since I'm all over the place....
I'd talked about that rack and pinion with you, sold that bucket, you were working on a trans....then you were onto the motor. Then I built a BBF, then I was setting up that shop in Canada. Now, I'm bouncing back and forth....where were we????? ;-)

Thank you all for your replies. Nice to know old friends are out there.
A quick catch up since my "sabbatical":(

Had 18 months or so where I did nothing at all to the T. There was a reason for this; you may remember JB (John) my build buddy and life long friend (the guy in a few of my pictures back then). John and I have been messing with cars for over 40 years so lots of history. After he suffered a broken arm, and the following diagnosis of cancer he lost his fight some 2 years ago. This knocked me out of the field, so to speak and I could not face doing anything on the T for ages. He had been involved with the car since the concept and had spent countless hours with me over the last 20 odd years.

With that now in the past I have done a few more things to the Yella Fella. (RIP Ted). Once I get around the forum I will post up some updates. Nothing too major, just the final bits that have been waiting to get finished. Rads now done, trans all buttoned up, rear diff brace made and in, plus other bits and pieces.

I have, just by chance run into a couple of guys locally who, surprise, surprise, are into drag racing. Pel, has a MGB with a blown Rover (Buick) V8 turning in 9 second quarters and Mike who has a methanol slingshot FED. I have some vid of a test and tune last year which I can link to. Also just run into another guy, some 3 miles away with a Blown BBC Willis Coupe. Came off the rolling road last week with 1080BHP.

Well thats me over the last 2-3 years and again thanks for the welcome. All the usual suspect are here.... its good to see you are still keeping the T thing going.

Just a quick shot of the T behind my PT going to the Nats last season.

G

Onward... forever Onwards.
I Feel a tech thread coming on about a brass Rad......cant find a smiley to suit???

Hey Gerry, how does the T Tow behind the PT? does it pull pretty stable or does it shimmy when you get to going fast?

Hey there Buddie.
Tows like a dream, no shimmy but one back tyre is a little out of balance. Thinking of using some of the beads that go inside the tyre to try and solve it. I made the A bar to clamp to the tube axle with some plastic blocks shaped to the diameter of the tube and sandwiched in between 2 steel uprights.

G

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back