Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What an afternoon

We're good where I'm at. Lancaster, Forney, Arlington and Kennedale got hit pretty bad. American airlines reported 110 airplanes damaged by golf ball sized hail. They said last night there were 15 tornados in 5 hours. I was at work in Irving., Tx and they had the entire building move to all the rooms designated as tornado shelters. The news video is just amazing. It's a wonder nobody was killed.

Looked like that semi trailer was hurled several hundred feet in the air. The power of nature is just simply amazing. People traveling on the freeway unscathed, lucky to say the least. These storm chasers are crazy-- I say run like screaming little girls and this comes from somebody that fought fires in a a very busy urban department for over 30 years.

We're good where I'm at. Lancaster, Forney, Arlington and Kennedale got hit pretty bad. American airlines reported 110 airplanes damaged by golf ball sized hail. They said last night there were 15 tornados in 5 hours. I was at work in Irving., Tx and they had the entire building move to all the rooms designated as tornado shelters. The news video is just amazing. It's a wonder nobody was killed.

It helps that most Texans are prepared for tornados and know what to do when they hear the sirens.

Unlike up north where everyone runs outside with a fricken camera.

Glad you are alright.

I am with you ss, one thing I would not like to fight with is a tornado.

My car and my wife's car got beat to hell! We both work just north of the airport and got hit by that baseball size hail. I had just made my second payment on that car. Dayummm! It was a wild day around here for sure.

Hey GT63, you going to the Greenville, Tx car show and swap meet tomorrow? I loaded my bucket on the trailer and will be heading out about 6am in the morning.

Nope, won't be making it out that way. There's no engine in the T. I'm in the process of building a new one using a DART SHP block set-up specifically for the blower. It'll be a 406 stroker with 6-71 and EFI.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back