Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What color Bucket

Yellow is a good color add a little metal flake or pearl and it will really pop in the sun.

This is really just a protection coat so i thought I would try out the yellow to see what it looked like. My Old T was yellow and it suited it well.
Almost certain the HoC Candy red sitting in the cupboard will be the final choice, Classic style Fad... classic color (thats color spelt the US way we do colour)

Why not two colors I am going with a yellow frame and motor with a purple bucket and yellow flames. If you don't want two colors I like the prurple. It's different and I like to be different.

Colours as Gerry puts it, are like Beauty, it is all in the eyes of the beholder or owner of the car :) I once had many different colours on my car at once, some called it a Circus Wagon hehe The only reason I tried that paint job, was because I found that people copied what I did over the years, and I told my painter that I wondered if they would copy this :) Most of the older hot rodders did not go that wild, but the younger mini truckers at that time, went crazy for those colours.. 7 different solid colours, no candy, pearl or metallics.. that was a bit strange as I look back on it now... hehe

Colours as Gerry puts it, are like Beauty, it is all in the eyes of the beholder or owner of the car :) I once had many different colours on my car at once, some called it a Circus Wagon hehe The only reason I tried that paint job, was because I found that people copied what I did over the years, and I told my painter that I wondered if they would copy this :) Most of the older hot rodders did not go that wild, but the younger mini truckers at that time, went crazy for those colours.. 7 different solid colours, no candy, pearl or metallics.. that was a bit strange as I look back on it now... hehe

Body will be off the car tomorrow for a quick prep job and then a shot of yellow. Chassis to follow.
This is ONLY a protection coat so iM NOT BEING TOO FUSSY. aFTER THE CAR HAS BEEN DRIVEN (I hate the caps lock on this keyboard) and sorted it will be stripped, grit blasted and then final paint applied.
Thanks everyone that gave me their views I appreciated it.
Gerry

Body will be off the car tomorrow for a quick prep job and then a shot of yellow. Chassis to follow.
This is ONLY a protection coat so iM NOT BEING TOO FUSSY. aFTER THE CAR HAS BEEN DRIVEN (I hate the caps lock on this keyboard) and sorted it will be stripped, grit blasted and then final paint applied.
Thanks everyone that gave me their views I appreciated it.
Gerry

ooppps forgot to add this. Photoshop again

Yellow1--may2010-(12).jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back