Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What is everybody doing?

I wondered the same thing. I'm just doing some boring body prep work. I may shoot some primer this afternoon. I'll pickup my driveshaft tomorrow and get that on, and after that, I think I can cut the hole for the steering column and be ready to put the body on for good after I paint it. I'm hoping to be ready for my first drive this summer sometime.:)

I think it's the time of year . . . most of us are getting itchy for Spring, and the activity level to finish "wintertime" projects ratchets up. So . . . here we are posting.
I'm getting panicky myself, because I discovered a crack in my 350 Chevy block! :eek::thumbsdown: So I'm looking at an engine pull/replace, and time's a-wastin' . . . !

5 block2.jpg

That's not good! Sorry to hear. I will try to get some more pictures posted in my build thread in the next day or 2

I blew up a front tyre which had gone flat over the last xxx months.

I'm not really doing too much with my T as the weather has been rather chilly. When I say chilly, I mean any temperature below my age which is seventy-six. LOL The last week or so we've been in the mid to upper eighties though which is MUCH more enjoyable. The nineties is really where I like it.
I have been helping a guy that I met at a cruise night a couple of years ago. He was really enthused with my T and decided to build one. I hooked him up with another friend that had a body that he wanted to be rid of. He decided to buy the cast off project and we used my trailer to pick it up and haul it to his house. Since that time he has bought a lot of stuff from Ron and Speedway and has a roller. I've been his "tech" help for the last year or so and he is doing great! My son is going to help him get the body and track nose and hood presentable for future finishing. Meanwhile, I help whenever and wherever I can. It's a little slow going now as he is going through Chemo, his spirits are high but his energy level is somewhat lower at present. But with me and my son's help he'll be on the road soon with a great big smile on his face, I'm sure.

Jim

And that's what its all about. Generosity of time and knowledge. I salute you, Sir.

I blew up a front tyre which had gone flat over the last xxx months.

Gerry - I hope the exertion from blowing up your tire didn't tax your physique too much. Gotta keep your strength up for the cruising season, ya know . . . !:laugh::roflmao::p

Gerry - I hope the exertion from blowing up your tire didn't tax your physique too much. Gotta keep your strength up for the cruising season, ya know . . . !:laugh::roflmao::p

Well, by the time I got the antigravity battery out, found a way to connect it to the 12v compressor and prize the valve cap off, I must say I had to take a little nap.:sleep:

Good news is the Topolino Altered will be back on the strip this year......so it may be that I will try and squeeze my Merlot 'enhanced' frame back into the 5 layer fire suit, that last experienced me slipping in to it around 12 years ago:sneaky:.

What's the chances???

I'm buried at work -which also doubles as our hot rod shop, so I get to see all three of our cars collecting dust everyday... We still have to rebuild the short block on the Purple Powder Pickup as the '66 stock bore 283 is wore out - gonna get a fresh bore and new slugs. Mine needs some minor body repair on the roll pan from a low speed accident where my dad hit me in his '27. I'm also going to switch out the distributor. Dad's '27 needs new radius rods built as he bent one up good when he hit me. We were an hour outside of Green Bay heading home from the Fun Run last year. He still drove it home to Indy with one wheel 6" in front of the other. Since he is running a rack and pinion, it still kept a decent alignment and balance up to 65 mph.

All this sounds easy, but I'm up to my ears in new work and currently short-staffed!

Nothing going on here for me much. Spent a boring 4 1/2 days at the Starbird car show this past week. Right now I spend about 5 hours a day shooting pool.

Dad's '27 needs new radius rods built as he bent one up good when he hit me.
I had a 4 bar problem back in the 70's when I had a roommate and no wife. Larry
had a corvette body shop and I stored my TBucket in his shop. A customer asked
for a ride, so when Larry went WOT the front bars collapsed at 60 mph. Needless
to say they both had a wide eye experience and the customer never asked for a
another ride !!! :eek::eek:

ScaredFace.jpg
\
ScaryExperience.jpg

Decided I needed a fab table to get the rest of the work I wanted done.
I repurposed my uncles old table and added a bead roller, new top for proper fab, vise, sheet metal break, shelves for the cutter, grinder and sander.
going to add an over head light, push down feet that lift the casters off the ground and a hook for my welding helmet and gun.

Was

20180213_202907.jpg

getting there

20180219_191530.jpg

20180219_191546.jpg

20180219_191604.jpg

I have more done just no pics ..
Will post when its complete.

Glad someone else brought this up.

Good news is the Topolino Altered will be back on the strip this year......so it may be that I will try and squeeze my Merlot 'enhanced' frame back into the 5 layer fire suit, that last experienced me slipping in to it around 12 years ago:sneaky:.

Does it look like this one?
Topolino.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back