Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What is it worth?

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
I have found, quite bt accident a real muscle car. A 1970 Chevelle SS 454. and it has the real LS6 motor in it. 450 HP 500ft lbs of torque. This car has been in a garage since new and only has 20,000 original miles on it. The old man that has it bought it new. It is in show room condition, all numbers match. Has the muncie rock crusher 4sp. The flapper in the hood works. It is like a new car!!!!. He says he will sell it, but does not have any idea what it is worth. I really don't know what it is worth. Do any of you have any idea?

They only made that 450hp engine that one year and that is the only car they put it in.

I have found, quite bt accident a real muscle car. A 1970 Chevelle SS 454. and it has the real LS6 motor in it. 450 HP 500ft lbs of torque. This car has been in a garage since new and only has 20,000 original miles on it. The old man that has it bought it new. It is in show room condition, all numbers match. Has the muncie rock crusher 4sp. The flapper in the hood works. It is like a new car!!!!. He says he will sell it, but does not have any idea what it is worth. I really don't know what it is worth. Do any of you have any idea?

They only made that 450hp engine that one year and that is the only car they put it in.

Unmolested LS6????? I dare say $50Gs these days at least, what a find.

On it's first trip to auction (Barrett-Jackson), in 2006, this one landed a cool $1,242,000.

[media]

Drag Cars at Barrett-Jackson

In September 2009, it sold again for $264,000, resulting in what had to be a painful bath.

I think that is what led to the auction of Jenkins' 1974 Pro Stock Vega, which "only" went for $577,500. The Vega was a rather unique piece of history, actually. At its first NHRA national event, Larry Lombardo qualified the car #16 (on the bump) and ended up winning the race. Not bad for a debut race, but especially good as this was the first #16 Pro Stock qualifier to have ever won a national event. The last I knew, Larry was entertaining serious offers for the Wally he won that day.

Is this fellow a friend? or just someone you know. If he is a friend or someone you do business with then don't lowball him to much 10 would be a good start unless he really does know what he's got and is trying to feel you out to see if your a legitamate buyer. I think he would pass on ten unless he's totally out of sinc with what things cost these days, 15 might be the better start then at least if you scored and you saw him all the time you would not think bad of yourself for taking him. With that said, if you got it for that you could always turn it an get your money back even if you went as high as 25 you still would make a profit. Here in south Al. it would start in the 20's in its present state and if it ran good maybe even higher. Restored here starts around 20 for numbers matching if its rare think higer, and that's not unmolested. I know you watch Barrett Jackson so go with what you thinks best.

Is this fellow a friend? or just someone you know. If he is a friend or someone you do business with then don't lowball him to much 10 would be a good start unless he really does know what he's got and is trying to feel you out to see if your a legitamate buyer. I think he would pass on ten unless he's totally out of sinc with what things cost these days, 15 might be the better start then at least if you scored and you saw him all the time you would not think bad of yourself for taking him. With that said, if you got it for that you could always turn it an get your money back even if you went as high as 25 you still would make a profit. Here in south Al. it would start in the 20's in its present state and if it ran good maybe even higher. Restored here starts around 20 for numbers matching if its rare think higer, and that's not unmolested. I know you watch Barrett Jackson so go with what you thinks best.

Maybe for just a regular big block car but the LS6 motor makes it rare as hen's teeth, if fully documented, that is.

If your buying to sell on and make a profit I would tell the guy you will split it 50 50 with him. If its a keeper then do your best to be honest. If it was my dad and someone ripped him off I would come looking

JMHO
Gerry

At auction it should sell for $50K to $100K depending on documentation.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back