Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wheel back-spacing

Depends. What you want to do is set the tires you plan on using in position so that you have them sitting where they look right.........not too close and not too far away. Then figure out what rims would be needed to get you there.

I had Wheel Vintiques build the ones on my 23 to the maximum offset they could because I needed clearance for my slicks. But my Son had them make his set not so offset because he is running skinnier tires and a deep offset would have put the tires too far out.

Every car is different.

Here are mine......

tpaintedbodyinstalledonframe006.jpg

Here are my Sons......

donstbodybackfrompaintshop022-1.jpg

You can see the difference if depth between the two.

Don

Yeah, I can see the difference very well. Both are great looking, I might add. I'm going to run 255/7015, so I'm guessing my off set won't need to be very much. Is that correct?

Probably not, but you will still need to clear the body. I understand there are two widths of S10 rears too. Something about the 4 wheel drive ones being 2 inches wider I think.

Don

I'm running the same tires you're going to run. I have 7" rims with a 3" backspace. My rearend is a 2 wheel drive S-10. The 4 wheel drive axles are wider.

As Don said, it depends. The body you're using may be wider in the bed area. These bodies can be all over the place as far as dimensions. Do some measuring before you spend your money.

Mike

I'm running a Spirit body (45" wide) with a 4wd s10 axle 31x18.5x15 Hoosiers 14" wide rims with 4.5" back spacing. Worked out great.

If your tires are a little close to the body, speedway has one inch spacers for about $17 apiece plus probably need longer wheel studs they carry those to. I may need to go that way myself, cheaper than changing rearends.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back