Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

wheel Dia.

It's not so much the rim size as it is the tire hiegth that counts.

Ron

Ron's right. You can get 15" tires with some pretty high sidewalls.

If you're after a lower look, the taller wheels can make a car look lower by having the top of the wheel closer in height to the top of the body. Here is a picture I've shared before that illustrates this very idea. The wheels on this car are 19". The car is super low, but you have to admit, the larger wheels make it seem even lower:
29fordpu.jpg

Youngster said:
It's not so much the rim size as it is the tire hiegth that counts.
Ron, But it is the wheel size that counts as far as too low goes, that lowers the scrub line... nothing can hang below any rim, should be able to roll around on 4 bare rims, by the letter of the safety law... :wall: RIGHT???

I believe the scrub line goes from the rim on one one side the the contact patch of the tire on the other side. I like to try to keep everything above the rims though. Like you said Ted if you can roll the car on the bare rims, you should be good to go.

Ron

Thats right Ron, Because sometimes you could run into that one FUN Man, that will measure a wheel and check everything on the chassis from that one measurement, sometimes you have to refresh their memory about how and why the law was written.. :wall: rolls on 4 bare wheels...

Ron, you are exactly correct on how the scrub line is measured. Here is the page from the NSRA Safety 23 Manual explaining how to measure scrub line.

img041.jpg

Jim

What happens if you get a flat tire at 60 with that lowrider? I would say out of control.

I'm going to guess that car is a trailer queen. I think I heard somewhere it cost the owner something near 1/2 million to have built. I know if I spent that much on a car, I would never drive it.

"Holmes" a latino reference to X rated movie guy john holmes. a quasi compliment of sorts. "Homes" a place of residence plural possibly several. Sorry Lee just tring to help get you point across. HA HA

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back