Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Where do you live?

der Spieler

I think sellers in the classified section would get better response if we knew where they lived. It would help us determine whether we want the item(s) if we could get a sense of how much we might have to pay to get the items home, either shipping costs or travel expenses to go pickup large items. Personally I would drive a couple of hundred miles to pick up some items before I would trust a shipping company to get it to me in one piece but if those same items were coming from halfway across the country then I would have to really consider whether I wanted them or not.

I sold some Austin-Healey parts to a guy in North Carolina this past spring. The parts were very expensive to replace and it was a real hassle to get them packaged where I felt that they would get to their destination safely. None of us are retailers so we usually don't have the benefit of still having the original packaging laying around for the items to help ensure that they arrive safely. I sat and stewed until I got the confirmation that the package I sent got there safely. Insurance is fine but collecting on it can be a hassle and then there is the let down when you recieve a package of broken parts that you've searched for for months. I'm not suggesting that we only buy 'locally' but shipping is a big consideration and knowing up front where the items are coming from would be a great help in deciding how badly we want the parts.

Adding your location to your personal data could also help us develop relationships with the other members of the forum. Wouldn't it be something to find out that the person you've been reading in the posts for weeks and months only lived 50 miles away and you didn't know it because they kept their home locations a secret? I'm not suggesting street addresses, phone numbers and names of your children but it would be a great help if you could go into your personal data and add your state, province or country. Just a thought. I've rambled enough. Steve

Steve, I have to agree with 100% on this one.

Yep, makes good sense to me also.

I have to agree with this proposal. After my posts with "Bob23T" and his son "raidmajic" about the Southeast NSRA Nationals in Tampa next weekend, I found out that they live in the Tampa area. I have NO problem telling anyone that I live in the Orlando area and to be exact, Oviedo which is on the northeast side of Orlando.

I would like to see this required as part of the sign-up. The way we're growing, I could see regional gatherings happen soon. I know I would go to something within 500 miles to meet any one of you guys.

Ron

der Spieler Where do you live in Iowa some of our members live in southern minnesota that might get down that way once in a while?(Youngster,Todd)

I think every one should go back to there personal info and include date of birth and location.

Oh and i didn't mean location of birth.LOL

Parts delivery

On one of the UK sites I use there is a section for a 'Relay Service'. You can post up if you need a part moving from one place to another or if you are travelling somewhere and are prepared to take something. Seems to work quite well and parts move across the country changing hands at different points. Only OK if your not in a hurry though. Pete

putz said:
der Spieler Where do you live in Iowa some of our members live in southern minnesota that might get down that way once in a while?(Youngster,Todd)

I'm in Clarion, about 50 miles south of the Minnesota border and about 100 miles or so from Ron (Youngster). We've talked on the phone and I'm going to make a trip up to Ron's one of these days and swap lies and steal ideas er uh I mean discuss things and exchange ideas.

I think I included that information when I signed up, If not I will. I would gladly attend a gathering that were within a half days drive or so of home. I almost went to Chicago for a show the Crazy Ts were holding recently, but the scheduling was bad. I'm in Door county WI, about half an hour north of Green Bay. I would love to get together to put some faces to the names, and get a first hand look at some of your cars.

I'm just outside Sin City. :lol:

Steve...Come on up anytime! Let me know when your coming and I'll get a hold of Todd too. ChuckT is in Mankato, putz and Martin are in Wisc. Maybe we can get something started there,(annual BS meet and greet or something). There just happens to be a small park in my back yard we can use if need be. There's a convenience store and an adult refreshment shop right close too.

It would be kinda cool to have a list of forum members by states. That would make it easier to find some one when you were traveling for BS sessions, emergency repairs, garage tours, etc.

Ron

Youngster said:
... It would be kinda cool to have a list of forum members by states. That would make it easier to find some one when you were traveling for BS sessions, emergency repairs, garage tours, etc.

Ron

Great idea! the NTBA has a like like that called the Bucket Buddies list.

LumenAl said:
Great idea! the NTBA has a like like that called the Bucket Buddies list.

I'm on that list. If anyone from this forum is ever in the neighborhood and needs help, or just wants to stop by and see the shop, i'd love to hear from you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back