Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Who has wheelie problems?

deckofficer

Banned
I don't have wheelie problems, not even close. I am very curious as to who has wheelie issues and if you do can you give information as to tires, pressure, wheelbase, horspower, weight, etc. Thanks in advance.

Bob

I have no problems what so ever. Perhaps that is because I am using some old drag race technology with an adjustable four link rear. My car hooks good and goes.

Jim

OK, Lee_in_KC has a point. Drop the word "problem", who has a ride that wheelies? I've done a little research which is inconclusive at this time but it looks like it never happens with a manual transmission and generally happens to 500+ hp cars with very high stall speed (4000~6000rpm) torque converters.

OK, Lee_in_KC has a point. Drop the word "problem", who has a ride that wheelies? I've done a little research which is inconclusive at this time but it looks like it never happens with a manual transmission and generally happens to 500+ hp cars with very high stall speed (4000~6000rpm) torque converters.

HMMM, I have a Blown SBC 355 that is running 1:1. I also have a 3500 stall in a TCI TH350 street fighter trans. When I'm feeling brave and mash the gas, my T squats in the rear and takes off, no wheel spin, just butt puckerin' get up and go. I haven't been brave enough to hold the gas pedal down for very long.
hyper.gif

The po of my T-Bucket said it would do wheelies but i prefer to keep the front wheels on the ground so i've never tried it. That was with the old 327 with gear drive, Mallory HEI, tunnel ram, 800 cfm Holley and a lumpy cam. With the new GM crate engine (Edelbrock Performer intake & 600 cfm Edelbrock carb) when i nail it the thing just takes off like it was shot from a slingshot. Like most of our cars it'll smoke 'em but i prefer to just cruise it.

I found a great way to help end tire smoke from the gate, go to a bigger ID header and tail pipe, cut the back pressure a bit, Smaller header pipes cause a lot of bottom end, which is not needed in a T Bucket, that's fine for a heavy car... Ride safe :)

I have never had a wheelie problem, but with my 302 ford with a 3.73 rear end it's down right scaring when the kickdown kicks in. The heart sure doe's kickup a beat or two.

thomas

I found a great way to help end tire smoke from the gate, go to a bigger ID header and tail pipe, cut the back pressure a bit, Smaller header pipes cause a lot of bottom end, which is not needed in a T Bucket, that's fine for a heavy car... Ride safe :)
You can tune a header but you can't tuna fish.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back