Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Wide fat rear tires!

monsolo

Hey, all! New to t-buckets but my sons and I are plowing through to build our own. We absolutely love wide fat rear tires. I'm looking for advice on where to find them for cheap including wheels. We're thinking about 18" or 20" wide. Maybe there are some threads already started about this??Thanks a million!

Hey, Ron! This is Derek... I just called you earlier today to set up an appointment on 3/22 to talk to you about our bucket. Thanks, by the way, for the head-up on Pidgeon Forge! We'll talk tires when I come down also...

Yes the NTBA is doing a regional Event there. We are sponsoring it.You do not have to be an NTBA member to come join in.
ntbaregional_zps88fd5cd9.jpg

I have 18.5's on mine and if you go with a tire that wide I would recommend a soft rear spring. I love the look but with 10psi they are hard as a rock and don't offer cushion when you hit bumps. Mine are Wide Street on a Convo Probl from Total Performance. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363265882.869376.jpg

Monsolo, I have a pair of 15" wide 15" reversed chrome wheels with baby moon chrome hub caps and 5" backspace for chevy bolt pattern. I ran 18.5" tires on them, and am swapping them out for Weld aluminum wheels to match my front wheels. They might have a few spots of rust on them, but I haven't looked to close at them since removing them for a tear down of my bucket. I'll check them out tonight and clean them up. I'd like to get 80 bucks for the pair, plus whatever shipping might be. I have tires too, but they're bias belted and worn bad on one edge from a camber problem I have since solved. I'd throw them in for the cost of shipping. I'll also have a TH350 for sale soon with a high rpm stall converter (it's either 2800 or 3000) I'm taking out of my bucket to swap in an OD tranny.

If you want pics, let me know.

Thanks,

Frank

Hey, all! New to t-buckets but my sons and I are plowing through to build our own. We absolutely love wide fat rear tires. I'm looking for advice on where to find them for cheap including wheels. We're thinking about 18" or 20" wide. Maybe there are some threads already started about this??Thanks a million!

These are on craigslist Ocala Florida under M&H Tires Check them out. 390/40R/17 M&H Street Drag Radials on Boydster 17x15 5 on 5 wheels. Tires are brand new (stickers still on tires) and wheels are polished aluminum in excellent condition. $995.00 for the pair. They are very large so it will cost $50.00 each to ship UPS = $100.00 You can see them on Craigslist noted above. I am in Central Florida. I also have a set of P6 Pirelli tires that are about 15 inch tread width for these 17 x 15 inch wheels. $100.00 each but they have weather checking between the tread. Almost full tread but they are just getting old. Make a good t bucket rear tire. Again they are really heavy so probably about $40.00 each to ship. I am going to the Goodguys Show in Nashville May 17 and I can always bring them up with our show car rig. No charge for that. David The Villages, FL 352 446-1481

Ok, guys, so I snagged myself a pair of 15x10 aluminum rims last weekend for $30... that's right, for the pair! They have some oxidation on them and a few scratches but I'm going to clean them up and have them powder-coated. So, in keeping with the theme of my original post, how wide of a tire do you guys think I could put on these rims? I'm hoping to be able to fit 15" or 16" wide MT's on them...

Ok, guys, so I snagged myself a pair of 15x10 aluminum rims last weekend for $30... that's right, for the pair! They have some oxidation on them and a few scratches but I'm going to clean them up and have them powder-coated. So, in keeping with the theme of my original post, how wide of a tire do you guys think I could put on these rims? I'm hoping to be able to fit 15" or 16" wide MT's on them...

You can run a Hoosier Pro Street 29x15.50 or a 31x16.50 but will you'll have sidewall bulge.

These are 29x15.50 on a 15x10 American Racing Hopster wheel

DSC00001.JPG

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back