Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just another '23 build thread.

T buckets are best kept a simple as possible. (IMHO) when you start getting pushrods and bellcranks and coil over front you complicate and possibly put the project in jeporty of not being completed at all. My suggestion for a first build is pick an existing build and SLIGHTLY modify or buy the major parts from a sponsor of this site or a complete kit from them. There will be many chances to make yours. That is 50 years of playing with these cars speaking. Off soap box now!

That may be true for most newbs, but if you look at that build I posted a link to, and the pics that go with it, you might see that this is no big deal for me. If no one wants to see anything than another cookie-cutter, me-too, monkey-see-monkey-do build, then I'll just forget about posting the Pics I made today of my IFS, and leave you to your stale traditional builds that can't even do 1 g in any direction nor touch 20 MPG.

That may be true for most newbs, but if you look at that build I posted a link to, and the pics that go with it, you might see that this is no big deal for me. If no one wants to see anything than another cookie-cutter, me-too, monkey-see-monkey-do build, then I'll just forget about posting the Pics I made today of my IFS, and leave you to your stale traditional builds that can't even do 1 g in any direction nor touch 20 MPG.
Whoa . . . nobody's doubting your fab skills or experience; the advice from ORF is sound for most of us - the KISS principle has always been a part of hot rodding. If you want to push the envelope with your build, by all means go for it, and we'll enjoy the pictures (a-hem . . .). In the meantime, you are a welcome part of this brotherhood, and we can all learn from each other, so lets put the machete's away and focus on what we love . . . T-buckets! Bring on your IFS pics! :):thumbsup:

'bye.

Ok. I hope your design and fab skills match your bolt together skills. There is a difference.

I want to see how he gets that Corvette front suspension to work.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back